PDA

View Full Version : Junior Member ??

heaton
19-12-2004, 12:56 PM
Did my first posting this morning about Firefox and saw that I was categorized as a JUNIOR MEMBER. Having turned eighty last month I wonder when I will reach the stage of being a senior member.. ?? Cheers and thank you moderators for organising this great website which has helped me a lot. All take bows. ;)

Odin
19-12-2004, 01:00 PM
The more you Post the younger you will become :D :thumbs:

personthingy
19-12-2004, 01:09 PM
Have a poke round "User CP" > edit profile.

From there you can promote yourself to "world dominater" if you so desire!

:D :D

noone
19-12-2004, 03:13 PM
get 100 posts then you can be a senior member

ninja
19-12-2004, 03:20 PM
1. Wrong forum
2. No one really cared
3. This has already been covered
4. Build a bridge and get over it, absolute waste of thread.

~sy~
19-12-2004, 03:21 PM
You will be a member at after about 35 posts and be a senior member after 100 posts.

Oh.. and we don't offer superannuation for seniors round this place because it's a tax-free world :)

Scouse
19-12-2004, 04:01 PM
Ninja. >1. Wrong forum
2. No one really cared

Đĉ
19-12-2004, 04:05 PM
1. Wrong forum
2. No one really cared

:lol: :lol: Strangely when I signed up, I was an "Elite Member". Dunno how that happened.

Ash M
19-12-2004, 04:15 PM
1. Wrong forum
2. No one really cared

Hey thats a bit harsh!

smurf
19-12-2004, 04:25 PM
1. Wrong forum
2. No one really cared

A totally unnecessary reply to a reasonable question .........get a life and include tolerance within it!

noone
19-12-2004, 04:38 PM
yeah ninja

Growly
19-12-2004, 04:49 PM
1. Wrong forum
2. No one really cared

Bad day at the... life?

Growly
19-12-2004, 04:50 PM
Oh wait, maybe he (like I am now) was simply posting irrelevant and controversial material to increase everyone's post count (including his) with the subsequent retorts that are bound to follow?

Growly
19-12-2004, 04:50 PM
... making him and everyone else a Senior Member soon enough ... much on the topic of the post indeed ... genius!

noone
19-12-2004, 04:55 PM
in think in order to become a senior member we should have to get 1000 posts , anyone can come along and get 100 in a day and then be reguarded as a senior

Jen
19-12-2004, 05:07 PM
Guys! If someone makes a post that you object to, there is a Report Bad Post link available (white triangle icon, exclamation mark) if you feel it warrants it. Otherwise, it is best to ignore such comments and not respond to them as this only leads to a thread going pear-shaped ...

Growly
19-12-2004, 05:21 PM
Oh yea, new forum software.

FoxyMX
19-12-2004, 05:32 PM
The more you Post the younger you will become :D :thumbs:
Er... isn't it the other way around? The less you post the younger you stay? :stare:

Winston001
19-12-2004, 06:19 PM
Pearshaped? A bit like this Jen?

i
i
i
<>
< >
< >
< >
< >
< >
< >
< >
< >
< >
< >
< >
< >
<>

I know its rather amateurish. How do people construct such designs? Such as GF's Christmas Tree and the fish (my cats found them rather one-dimensional and less than filling)

:D

Winston001
19-12-2004, 06:20 PM
Ah. All that tedious typing and my pear disappeared. So whats the secret please?

Growly
19-12-2004, 06:23 PM
I'm not sure, but you need something monospaced, such as CODE or HTML tagsp

Scouse
20-12-2004, 04:52 PM
Guys! If someone makes a post that you object to, there is a Report Bad Post link available (white triangle icon, exclamation mark) if you feel it warrants it. Otherwise, it is best to ignore such comments and not respond to them as this only leads to a thread going pear-shaped ...
Sorry Jen. Gut reaction of mine. By the way, why are you not a Mrs Moderator or a Miss Moderator, seeing that that bloke, old what's his name, is a Mr Moderator.

:cool:

heaton
20-12-2004, 07:05 PM
Sorry Jen. Gut reaction of mine. By the way, why are you not a Mrs Moderator or a Miss Moderator, seeing that that bloke, old what's his name, is a Mr Moderator.

:cool:
Hey did I make a bad post or has someone not got a sense of humour. Sorry if I have upset someone. Cheers

Jen
20-12-2004, 07:13 PM
Nah ... don't worry about it Heaton there was nothing wrong with your post. My comments were directed at those who rise to the bait that someone likes dishing out rather than just ignoring it. :)

By the way, why are you not a Mrs Moderator or a Miss Moderator, seeing that that bloke, old what's his name, is a Mr Moderator.You referring to Bruce as the old what's his name Mr Moderator? :p Bruce is actually Mr Administrator, Chill and I get to be plain Moderator ... oh well :rolleyes:

Edward
20-12-2004, 07:20 PM
Nah ... don't worry about it Heaton there was nothing wrong with your post. My comments were directed at those who rise to the bait that someone likes dishing out rather than just ignoring it. :)

You referring to Bruce as the old what's his name Mr Moderator? :p Bruce is actually Mr Administrator, Chill and I get to be plain Moderator ... oh well :rolleyes:

hey hey heyyy!

we just get to be simple folk! where's the fun in that!?! :annoyed:

Elephant
20-12-2004, 07:30 PM
[QUOTE=Winston001]Pearshaped? A bit like this Jen?

i
i
i
<>
< >
< >

Have a google search for ASCII ART.

Formatting here can destroy them with the formatting though.

JJJJJ
20-12-2004, 07:46 PM
Hi Heaton, And I thought I was probably the oldest member of the group. You've got five years on me. Now probably others even older will show up.
Jack :lol:

xxll
20-12-2004, 08:27 PM
Hi Heaton.
Did you manage to find out how to remove that Junior Member label?
If not, look at the top of the page where there is a horizontal heading that says User CP, Register, FAQ, Members List, Calendar, etc. etc.
Click on the first one on the left which says User CP
Provided you are logged on, that is your control panel where you can make alterations.
Look for Edit Profile and click on it. Your Edit Profile page will open.
On the right, second box down, it shows your Custom User Title. It will show those dreaded words Junior Member. In the area provided just change it to anything that takes your fancy (but keep it clean. lol)
Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on Save Changes.
If you had already found out how to change it, maybe this post will help others who don't yet know. Hope that helps.

Murray P
20-12-2004, 09:36 PM
Hi Heaton, And I thought I was probably the oldest member of the group. You've got five years on me. Now probably others even older will show up.
Jack :lol:

Tony F has a few years on you both, I believe.

Feeling a bit old myself tonight. Heard fighting noises coming from the kid's PC, the lad was in the lounge, so I said to him, "hey you left your game running and your getting a real kicking by the sounds of it" he denied he left it running but looked worried all the same (lost points/kudos online), off he went to check it out . He came back a minute later to tell me, with a grin that suggested I was a complete dullard, that it was his sister listening to her music, some band called System of a Down. That one will be if it takes much more of that punishment :@@: :badpc: For my sins I had to listen to several verses so that I could truly benefit from the finer nuances of the chorus :yuck:

echothreezero
21-12-2004, 12:11 PM
Post count is irrelevant - it all comes down to the quality of posts.

Anything else is just redundant waffle.

GP

george12
21-12-2004, 01:05 PM
LOL :D:D Murray P

I know that band... I could see why oldies could make that mistake :p. Course I have no idea how old you are, I'm guessing between 30 and 60.

Cheers George

Murray P
21-12-2004, 07:42 PM
Your absolutely spot on there George :thumbs:

Winston001
24-12-2004, 07:28 PM
>

Have a google search for ASCII ART.

Formatting here can destroy them with the formatting though.

Thanks Elephant. Merry Christmas to everyone.

And please take time to reflect on the unfortunate people in our midst. Children and Young Persons Service is being deluged with calls about disfunctional families. One of CYPS current jobs is caring for children whose parents do not want them around over Christmas.
:confused: :confused:

Murray P
24-12-2004, 10:44 PM
>

Thanks Elephant. Merry Christmas to everyone.

And please take time to reflect on the unfortunate people in our midst. Children and Young Persons Service is being deluged with calls about disfunctional families. One of CYPS current jobs is caring for children whose parents do not want them around over Christmas.
:confused: :confused:

Stinkers