PDA

View Full Version : Somebody took my username

Pete O'Neil2
19-12-2004, 12:11 PM
Whats the world come too, i take off to England for christmas, the forums change to vBulletin and some punkass mofo steals my username. Would one of the mods care to help out and get it back for me?

Murray P
19-12-2004, 12:47 PM
Wondering where you'd got to Pete so, did a search of the meber list and there you were. Just thought you must be busy or lurking beacuse I hadn't seen any posts.

Some scrote by the name of Potus nicked a whole buch of user's names and started causing havok. They got taken down by admin the first day, but of course no one has realised your was one of them.

Unfortunately BB and the crew are on holiday until January sometime and I don't think Jen or Chill have the powers you require. See Mike's recent thread though on how to get another account with the same user name. Looks like he used Monty Python's ministry of silly spelling to achieve it though.

Disclaimer: It may not even have been Potus but someone who hijacked Potus's user name, as some suspect. The result was pretty much the same, anybody will have trouble trying to register a name resembling Potus in the future.

Metla
19-12-2004, 01:23 PM
I figured his was one of the hijacked user names, the advice given in the video card thread was too far off base to be the real Pete.

Growly
19-12-2004, 03:08 PM
I figured his was one of the hijacked user names, the advice given in the video card thread was too far off base to be the real Pete.

Aren't we the sly detective?

Jen
19-12-2004, 03:55 PM
Sorry Pete, I wasn't sure if that was one of the hijacked names and we were waiting for you to lodge a complaint to confirm it. That username has now been banned, but you can have it re-assigned to you like we did with the others that also got their names hijacked by our resident moron. When Bruce Buckman gets back from his holiday, he can sort this out for you.

Pete O'Neil2
19-12-2004, 09:50 PM
Cheers all, ill try and remember to contact Bruce when he comes back, but i'll probably just leave it till i get back home. We've got a solid internet connection but only have laptops and the small keyboards are absolute hell, at the moment i dont have a lot of spare time so its not a big problem. When i get back home to NZ soil i'll definatly frequent the forums more often.

The new forum definatly looks like a change for the better, have there been many locked threads of late? or has the username stealing been the only problems?

Regards
Pete (the real one)