PDA

View Full Version : Alcatel one touch easy (old cell) need help

Morgenmuffel
18-12-2004, 05:49 PM
I need to find a battery for one of these as the current one only holds a days charge with no use.

also i can't seem to find any info/specs on this phone online, apart from people selling it, I need to know if all models use the same chargers etc

yes i know it's an old phone but I have a budget of less than $20. which won't buy me a new phone

Thanks

beetle
18-12-2004, 06:07 PM
A question. do these phones all take the same battery? or will a model number help?

cos we had one of those phones and a replcement battery was going to cost us over $80.00
so we just upgraded at the time.

no help to you i spose. sorry.

:(

Growly
18-12-2004, 06:33 PM
What model do you have?

I have an old one that doesn't even work anymore, as far as I know, but the battery should be in good working order.

Morgenmuffel
18-12-2004, 11:30 PM
Where would I look to find the model number as I can't see one on the case anywhere

Growly
19-12-2004, 09:52 AM
Ah - either take the battery out and look at the sticker underneath (if there is one), or simply tell me what it says where it says "One touch easy" ...

personthingy
19-12-2004, 10:49 AM
I need to find a battery for one of these as the current one only holds a days charge with no use.

also i can't seem to find any info/specs on this phone online, apart from people selling it, I need to know if all models use the same chargers etc

yes i know it's an old phone but I have a budget of less than $20. which won't buy me a new phone

Thanks

Im going to be the profit of doom here. i too have an Altcatel one touch easy. its probably about 5 years old
..i'm not sure of the model number, but i do remember buying one for my girlfriend about that long ago, and it was the same model as the one i have now.
My phone was given to me about 2 years ago, and i had to buy a new battery for it. i find that the battery has decayed to the point where i could only get 2 or 3 days use out of it, and falling FAST. A new battery gives a weeks use per charge.

I have delegated the phone to live and die as the work hack, where it is used used as a site phone overnight. With the low battery life, it is nolonger suitable for use as a personal phone.

I suspect you will have the same problem with any second hand battery, and therefore do NOT recomend spending less than $20 on a battery. it will be $20 gone and the same set of problems you have now.

:D