PDA

View Full Version : WFTWE #133....Neophilia....To celebrate the new PF1...

Billy T
17-12-2004, 08:52 PM
Neophilia

A love of new things, ideas, etc.

Not to leave out those not quite so happy about the change, your WFTWE is Neophobia, meaning: Dread of the new.

Cheers

Billy 8-{)

If neophobia is a bit too strong, try Misocainia instead: The intense dislike of anything new or strange

Dally
17-12-2004, 09:00 PM
Good job you didn't put "cr' after the "e" Billy

Murray P
17-12-2004, 09:03 PM
Very apt Billy

Just to OT this slightly, your byline:
We are all here on earth to help others; what on earth the others are here for I don't know!

I'll answer that for you if I may, ta ;) They're all here to tell us how needy they are, to tell us about the many overwhelming problems they have to cope with, how nobody cares........... So, you see, it's a perfect match :D

Murray P
17-12-2004, 09:06 PM
Good job you didn't put "cr' after the "e" Billy
:eek: :eek: Dally, don't dig up that old one

ninja
17-12-2004, 09:26 PM
This has got to be the best thing yet about the new forum.

godfather
17-12-2004, 09:28 PM
"Mummy, Mummy, can we play with Grandma again today?"

"If you boys dig up Grandma once more there will be trouble...!"

Dally
17-12-2004, 10:00 PM
You're dead right there Murry P

R2x1
17-12-2004, 10:08 PM
Dear Sir,
If at least a token payment on your Mother's funeral expenses is not received by next Thursday, up she comes.

Yours etc,
Paddy's Funeral Services

alphazulusixeightniner
18-12-2004, 01:31 AM
This message is hidden because Billy T is on your ignore list.

Lmao, new forum features are great. :thumbs:

Billy T
18-12-2004, 08:08 AM
Good job you didn't put "cr' after the "e" BillyThat would have been dead boring Dally :p

Cheers

Billy 8-{)

Dally
18-12-2004, 08:38 AM
Your comment is of grave concern to me Billy

R2x1
18-12-2004, 08:46 AM
"...We are all here on earth to help others;
what on earth the others are here for I don't know!"

Those "others" are the very same "they" who got you into trouble as a kid for eating the cake that was cooling, and painting the cat, and putting wax match heads in the teacher's chalk, and. . .

FoxyMX
18-12-2004, 09:07 AM
This message is hidden because Billy T is on your ignore list.

Lmao, new forum features are great. :thumbs:
You know, that is a pretty mean thing to say really, considering all the help and advice that Billy gave you with your monitor. He held no grudges against you when he would have been perfectly entitled to do so and yet you still dish out this sort of crap to him. :illogical :groan:

Dannz
18-12-2004, 10:34 AM
What does WFTWE Mean anyway

R2x1
18-12-2004, 10:38 AM
Word For The Weekend?

Dannz
18-12-2004, 10:41 AM
Thanks

alphazulusixeightniner
18-12-2004, 12:17 PM
You know, that is a pretty mean thing to say really, considering all the help and advice that Billy gave you with your monitor. He held no grudges against you when he would have been perfectly entitled to do so and yet you still dish out this sort of crap to him. :illogical :groan:

Maybe you've got me confused with someone else? :confused:

I'm sure Billy took it as a joke, as intended. :)

FoxyMX
18-12-2004, 01:34 PM
Maybe you've got me confused with someone else? :confused:
I don't think so. ;)

Glad to hear it was a "joke" though.

lagbort
18-12-2004, 01:38 PM
come on guys, keep it civil. We dont want the mods to go all ocnz on us now do we :p.

back on topic, i think i suffer from neophobia, new things scare me...
except this forum, way better than the old one

alphazulusixeightniner
18-12-2004, 01:53 PM
I don't think so. ;)
Contrary to the popular beliefs of the Green Party, Marijuana is not good for you. :lol:

Billy T
19-12-2004, 10:50 AM
Maybe you've got me confused with someone else? http://pressf1.pcworld.co.nz/images/smilies/confused.gif

I'm sure Billy took it as a joke, as intended. http://pressf1.pcworld.co.nz/images/smilies/smile.gifI thought you were Powa AZ689, in fact I am yet to be convinced otherwise.

And no, I do not consider personal sniping as a joke, it is just another distasteful weapon in the armoury of bullies and cowards. If you do not wish to be mistaken for one of the foregoing, it would be as well to give up the practice.

I do recall the extensive assistance I offered Powa (if you are indeed not he), and his comment at the time that he thought I would not have helped him had I known who it was. He was wrong of course, I will help anybody on PF1, including those who find it impossible to ignore my posts, even after setting your preferences to block them. :D

Cheers

Billy 8-{)

alphazulusixeightniner
19-12-2004, 06:06 PM
I thought you were Powa AZ689, in fact I am yet to be convinced otherwise.
Sorry to disappoint you there. This theory seems to be completely unfounded.

I do recall the extensive assistance I offered Powa (if you are indeed not he), and his comment at the time that he thought I would not have helped him had I known who it was. He was wrong of course, I will help anybody on PF1, including those who find it impossible to ignore my posts, even after setting your preferences to block them. :D
You and others seem to making a huge deal out of this 'help with monitor' business? Big deal. I'm sure Powa helped you out with problems from time to time as well including putting up with the constant crap you gave him. I would say on that count you are even.

And ah you can stop stalking me now, thanks.

Cheers

Billy 8-{)

Cheers,
alphazulusixeightniner :-{ } :cool: