PDA

View Full Version : Hypertext links, how do you do it?

Terry Porritt
17-12-2004, 02:42 PM
Maybe I've missed the info somewhere. In the 'old' forum we used link ( www.pcworld.co.nz) to make a clickable link to a URL.

What do we do now? :@@: :rolleyes:

How strange, I've just answered my own question when previewing the post, so we still use [url= etc etc. :nerd: that makes life easy.

Jen
17-12-2004, 02:49 PM
You can still use the [ u r l ] tags Terry, or click the little world icon with what looks like a paperclip on it right above this post message text box. Clicking that link will activate a popup, the first one you enter in the words you wish to appear eg "here", then the second box you enter in the url - making sure if you are doing a copy and paste you don't get two lots of http:// entered (the popup box will automatically include this). :)

Terry Porritt
17-12-2004, 03:23 PM
Thanks Jen :)

Graham L
17-12-2004, 03:29 PM
"Carefully"? :nerd: I'm pleased to find that you can still test links from the Preview page. :thumbs:

ninja
17-12-2004, 05:49 PM
How strange, I've just answered my own question when previewing the post, so we still use [url= etc etc. :nerd: that makes life easy.
So wouldn't it have been better to close the window, rather than make a redundant thread?

Cicero
17-12-2004, 06:01 PM
So wouldn't it have been better to close the window, rather than make a redundant thread?

No,as the saying goes he did it his way
No,he did it his way

Terry Porritt
17-12-2004, 07:16 PM

Not really a redundant thread ninja, I thought of closing it, but then thought other people may be wondering about url links too.

:groan:

Jester
17-12-2004, 08:00 PM
I was, Terry. Cheers mate :thumbs: