PDA

View Full Version : suggestions on new forum

theother1
17-12-2004, 10:38 AM
I really like the look of the new forum. Thank you PF1 design team, well done.
However, I used to really like the fact that you could reply from each and every message but in the new forum, as much as I like it, you have to go to the top or bottom of a page. Also I can't find a button to take you back to the main page.
Anyone else share my feelings?

agent
17-12-2004, 10:43 AM
For your first problem, I'd suggest just click the "Quote" button, then delete all the text put into the message box. Does the same as a reply, really.

Mary
17-12-2004, 10:46 AM
hi there,

you can reply to a message using the "quote" button which is located to the bottom right of every message.
to get back to the main page use the forum links at the top of the page (grey background next to the "welcome, username" box) OR even easier, click on the PressF1 logo.

hth :)

beetle
17-12-2004, 10:47 AM
other 1 use forum jump on the bottom right page. will give you the option of going into forum chat or pressf1 forum.....
and others to i think?

theother1
17-12-2004, 11:06 AM
Thanks guys (gals included),
I have been using both those options but at first view they are not as obvious as REPLY or BACK TO FORUM.
I will get used to it, but if you have read all the way to the bottom of a thread you then have to navigate back to the top to go back to the forum.
I am sure it would be simple enough to give us a BACK TO FORUM button.

Curious George
17-12-2004, 02:47 PM
You could use the PC World Forums link,
( http://forums.pcworld.co.nz/index.php? )
to get you back to the start.
Personally I think this format is a million times better than the old one.
Huge thanks to those responsible for the change!