PDA

View Full Version : Broadband. How long does it take?

JJJJJ
17-12-2004, 05:00 AM
I signed up with Ihug fifteen days ago for their Bliink connection. I liked the idea of no cap on useage and their price was better than xtra.
I was told I would be connected "within 10 working days". I also ordered an ADSL modem which I was told would be sent out in a couple of days.

Since then I have not heard a word from them. No modem has arrived.

I phoned them yesterday and some dis-interested female said "You might get it next week or the week after. The modem will be sent after you are connected."

I'm picking that with Xmas comming up it will probably be the end of January before I get it.

Jack

theother1
17-12-2004, 06:55 AM
Aaaahhhh!!!!! Jack, by the time you get connected you will be in the market for a new Mobo. :D

I don't know about Bliink is that the best option in your neck of the woods?
I am sure it will be worth waiting for, I went on cable about 4 months ago and couldn't go back to dial up now. I was away staying with friends in Auckland earlier this week and they only have dial-up even and though it was a 52kbps I couldn't be bothered doing anything but checking my email.
Hope it arrives soon for you. It will be a great Christmas present.
TO1

JJJJJ
17-12-2004, 07:02 AM
Aaaahhhh!!!!! Jack, by the time you get connected you will be in the market for a new Mobo. :D

I don't know about Bliink is that the best option in your neck of the woods?
I am sure it will be worth waiting for, I went on cable about 4 months ago and couldn't go back to dial up now. I was away staying with friends in Auckland earlier this week and they only have dial-up even and though it was a 52kbps I couldn't be bothered doing anything but checking my email.
Hope it arrives soon for you. It will be a great Christmas present.
TO1
The way they are going it's more likely to be an Easter Present.
Jack

MrBeef
17-12-2004, 07:29 AM
I wish we could ge broadband

personthingy
17-12-2004, 07:34 AM
As a matter of interest, just how much speed do you get with a no-cap connection?

Have you considered canceling the new connection seeing IHUG are clearly unable to meet their original promises within the time frame they specified?

:D

JJJJJ
17-12-2004, 07:41 AM
As a matter of interest, just how much speed do you get with a no-cap connection?

Have you considered canceling the new connection seeing IHUG are clearly unable to meet their original promises within the time frame they specified?

supposed to be 256.
If I cancel now I've no show of connecting elsewhere before Xmas.
Jack

~sy~
17-12-2004, 07:57 AM
Xtra should hook you up if you show them the money :p

personthingy
17-12-2004, 08:10 AM
supposed to be 256.
If I cancel now I've no show of connecting elsewhere before Xmas.
Jack

O well, time to go outside and smell the roses, or something

R2x1
17-12-2004, 08:19 AM
>> I was told I would be connected "within 10 working days". >>

When it starts working, you only have to wait another 10 days !
Elementary stuff.

Rob99
17-12-2004, 09:31 AM
I phoned them yesterday and some dis-interested female said "You might get it next week or the week after. The modem will be sent after you are connected." Try phoning them again, but this time, sound a little anoyed, tell them you phoned about 5mins ago and just got cut off.

Works well for xtra, worth a go with ihug.

R2x1
17-12-2004, 10:22 AM
And of course, at the moment, you have a slow connection, so it takes a while. If you had a fast connection, it would be much quicker (and less urgent)

ILikeLinux
17-12-2004, 11:00 AM
I signed up with Ihug fifteen days ago for their Bliink connection. I liked the idea of no cap on useage and their price was better than xtra.
I was told I would be connected "within 10 working days". I also ordered an ADSL modem which I was told would be sent out in a couple of days.

Since then I have not heard a word from them. No modem has arrived.

I phoned them yesterday and some dis-interested female said "You might get it next week or the week after. The modem will be sent after you are connected."

I'm picking that with Xmas comming up it will probably be the end of January before I get it.

Jack Just give ihug a ring every day,
It is more usefull if you have a handsfree phone because the ques can be long.

I had to give ihug a call every day, because my static ip address wasnt right..

ninja
17-12-2004, 11:30 AM
In the absence of drb1:

telescam telescam telescam telescam telescam telescam telescam telescam telescam telescam telescam telescam telescam telescam telescam telescam telescam telescam telescam telescam telescam telescam are in collaboration with micro$oft, scamme and the borg.

Mizz_1Nique
17-12-2004, 02:53 PM
Xtra should hook you up if you show them the money :p

Not before Christmas they won't.

3 Dec I called to get Jetstream my house.

8 Dec Technician came out to the exchange to do whatever to get it on.

8 Dec Come home from work and no ADSL. Spend the night on the phone with Xtra. Have to rebook a technician (earliest appointment see below and I call daily to see if there have been any cancellations).

29 Dec Fingers crossed ADSL will be at my house.

~sy~
17-12-2004, 06:27 PM
In the absence of drb1:

You couldn't resist could ya :D