PDA

View Full Version : XP with SP2 and CD Burning

lrollo
28-11-2004, 07:05 AM
I have a new Mitsubishi Diamond Digital CD_RW Combo that plays DVDs, reads data and music disks, will write to re-writable disks, but will not write to read-only CDs.

It came with Nero 6 OEM software.

Anyone know the files that control the burning process?

Mike
28-11-2004, 07:14 AM
You cannot write to Read Only CDs. They are Read only - you need a recordable or rewriteable CD to be able to write to CD.

Mike.

Spacemannz
28-11-2004, 11:57 AM
?? Isnt a CDRW combo just that?? DVD and CDRW, which SHOULD do cdr's and cdrw's?? Why wouldnt it do cdr's?

What exactly are u trying to burn Irollo??

MP3's/data/?? If Mp3's Nero should do that. If data, you have to use multisession with Nero, or use a program like CD Creator, INCD (BUT not both), or this http://www.cdburnerxp.se/ which is free. BUT I've never used it, so dont know how good it is.

Mike
28-11-2004, 12:02 PM
> ?? Isnt a CDRW combo just that?? DVD and CDRW, which
> SHOULD do cdr's and cdrw's?? Why wouldnt it do
> cdr's?

Spacemannz, if a disk is read only you can only read from it, you cannot write to it, hence the term "Read Only".

Mike.

Spacemannz
28-11-2004, 12:08 PM
It depends what he means by read only. He maybe talking about cdr's not cds that have actually be finalised or ones u buy from a shop.

Mike
28-11-2004, 12:11 PM
> It depends what he means by read only. He maybe
> talking about cdr's not cds that have actually be
> finalised or ones u buy from a shop.

:) True. But I would have hoped in that case he would have referred to CDR rather than read only CD... but I guess I'm just being pedantic. But if he never replies I guess we'll never know.

:D

Mike.