PDA

View Full Version : Kodak Easyshare CX7300 Dig. Cam.

J ZEP
27-11-2004, 12:10 PM
Hi :-), I have deceided to get myself a new cam, I was going to hold off and go for about a 5mp when i could afford it, however, "Flybuys" has this one: Kodak EasyShare CX7300 3.2mp

Here (http://www.flybuys.co.nz/Rewards/Rewards.asp#topmark)

or

Here (http://www.digitalcameras.co.nz/product.cfm?Product=1513)

on offer and it will only cost me my points ;-) - it seems like a pretty reasonable camera and has 3.2mp (which was the min. i wanted to get;-)).
So i have ordered it ;-).

I have been using this one

Here (http://www.epinions.com/cmd-review-1E5F-1191C05F-39EA5F80-prod5)

for a few years now.

Anyway, i really wanted another one that would give me video clips again too, which this one does offer and also gives me an extra 20 seconds more in length too ;-). I noticed however, that the videos are still at the same as my old one ? 320x240 movies resolution ?:|.

Questions:

Can anybody tell me if there is a setting to change the video resolution on the "Kodak Easyshare cx7300"?

Also it Doesn't come with the "Dock" - this is an optional extra apparently...
Can anybody tell me the bonus's of buying a dock to go with it please? Is the dock more related to saving batteries/charging? What other uses does it have?

Exwesty
27-11-2004, 12:36 PM
The Dock if you purchase it will allow you to recharge the camera on the dock if you also purchase the Kodak Rechargeable battery for the camera. It may come with the dock but when I looked into this for the Kodak I had, i really couldn't justify it.

I use Rechargeable NiMh batteries and a wall charger, and just plugged the camera into the usb on the pc to upload the photos.

All the dock is is a more user friendly way of doing the same......
depends on how much moola you've got, how much time and how technicial you wish to be with the camera.

the highlander
27-11-2004, 01:38 PM
A friend of mine got one of these through fly-bys and she is quite happy with it. You dont need the easy dock, the supplied usb cable does just as good a job plus its over priced so just spend the extra on a set of nimh batteries and a charger.
Pictures the pics are reasonably sharp with good detail and have good colour, no over saturation. The flash is acceptable for close in work but forget it over 2 metres. On the plus side the flash is not like some elcheapo cams that is like a nuke going off in front of your eyes, washing out everything in the picture.
No optical zoom just "digital zoom" which is worse than useless. On my suggestion she just installed the driver only not the resource sucking kodak crap that comes with it. It simply shows up as cx7300 in my computer and u can use as you would a removable drive.
Battery life is reasonable with alkalines and better still with nimh.
Movies are (I believe) limited to 320 x 240 it certainly can't cant get to vga resolution. The movies have a fairly low frame rate and are definitely intended for really good light situations otherwise noise becomes a major issue.
No lens cap
I wouldn't buy one myself but I have seen a hell of a lot worse cameras and getting it on flybuys is a bonus.
Definitely worth it.
Ps
I own 4 digital cameras (fuji s304, casio exilim, aiptek4100, kodak dx3600 ) and try everything i can get hold of. I am no expert but I have fairly good idea of what makes a reasonable consumer camera

the highlander
27-11-2004, 01:41 PM
Intel Pocket PC Camera

You looking to sell that ? I had one a few years ago and always wished I had never sold it. Something I can keep in the car instead of my exilim and not worry about getting it trashed.

J ZEP
27-11-2004, 02:20 PM
> The Dock if you purchase it will allow you to recharge the camera on the dock if you also purchase the Kodak Rechargeable battery for the camera.

Thanks Exwesty and Highlander - in that case i will probably just stick with what i get with it (no dock) :-). The way you do it with a wall charger and rechargeable batteries will be sufficient for me i think.

I have used a usb upload for my current camera with no probs for a couple of years now, so i think that will be quite o.k to do with the new one then too ;-).

>>> I own 4 digital cameras (fuji s304, casio exilim, aiptek4100, kodak dx3600 ) and try everything i can get hold of. I am no expert but I have fairly good idea of what makes a reasonable consumer camera

Cheers Highlander, all the better to get feedback from somebody with your varied experience :-) and i think i will give the software package a miss too, quite happy doing it as i have been now and seeing it as an extra drive too;-).

Thanks for the comments, most helpful :-).

>>>> Intel Pocket PC Camera -You looking to sell that?

Sorry will be keeping it;-) , its still a great camera for what it is really, has the integrated webcam too, which i don't think this Kodak has either?
I also like the nice small size of the files for emailing (mostly not even needing to reduce in size) ;-).

Rob99
28-11-2004, 12:02 AM
If yopu have got a spare hundred or so bucks I would get the dock.

Not only does it keep the bateries charged but it also is a fool-proof way to transfer the images.

Just place the camera on the dock and press one button, thats it.

Rob99
28-11-2004, 12:03 AM
If yopu have got a spare hundred or so bucks I would get the dock.

Not only does it keep the bateries charged but it also is a fool-proof way to transfer the images.

Just place the camera on the dock and press one button, thats it.

J ZEP
28-11-2004, 10:44 AM
Cheers Rob99 :-) - more food for thought :-).