PDA

View Full Version : Hi Y'all from sunny Florid

Billy T
25-11-2004, 03:51 PM
Howdy-Doody F1'ers

Greetings from the good 'ol US of A

I have temporarily enabled my laptop on wireless internet (for medicinal purposes only you understand, a matter of withdrawal managment) so I thought "why waste the opportunity?" and here I am.

I'm on the East Coast of Florida at present, at Palm City right where the second and third hurricanes (Frances & Jean) hit and there is a fair amount of damage around. I just got back today from Punta Gorda on the western coast (Gulf of Mexico) Where Charly hit and the devastation is awsome, steel power poles bent in half, whole buildings just a pile`of rubble and many businesses and homes damaged beyond repair. I was appearing in a case at the local Courthouse and being relatively new it had survived with only cosmetic damage but very few buildings were that lucky.

Speaking of devastation, tomorrow is Thanksgiving Day so I expect to get totally wasted. Apparently it is the biggest holiday event in the US and the traffic is horrendous as everybody heads for home!

Gotta go, there's a fine malt Scotch crying our for my personal attention. Thanks to L'il Sister Susan for looking after Monday Larfs and WFTWE for me. You are doing a great job and I loved the CIA joke!!

Cheers

Bro Billy-Bob 8-{)

Billy T
25-11-2004, 03:54 PM
Erk!

That was Sunny Florida.

One too many whiskeys. :8}

Cheers

Billy-Bob 8-{) :)

~~~~~ s y ~~~~~
25-11-2004, 04:10 PM
Good to hear from you! When are you heading home?

How are the whiskeys over there? ;-)

Murray P
25-11-2004, 04:39 PM
Which steadied your hand the most, the visit to PF1 or the whiskey?

You'll have to bring back some blowhard jokes :p

ninja
25-11-2004, 06:34 PM
Hmm even in New Zealand Billy had problems with whiskey, though of a different kind.

It's of serious concern that when on an international vacation someone has to post here - needs moar life.

beetle
25-11-2004, 06:45 PM
So much for BT getting a life, his dependency is terrifying, nowhere is safe from his need to post dribble...........

:^O

you seriously need to get a life BT, PF1 can and will survive without you.

beetle

TonyF
25-11-2004, 07:05 PM
Gotta go, there's a fine malt Scotch crying our for my personal attention.

What a good idea. I have just poured out a nice one.
Cheers Billy T !!!

Tony

E|im
25-11-2004, 11:25 PM
:^O Ninja

ninja
25-11-2004, 11:51 PM
> you seriously need to get a life BT, PF1 can and will
> survive without you.

I dunno about that, fortunately the WFTWE threads were prepared before he left - I dunno what I would have done without those threads to skip over and not read.

E|im
26-11-2004, 12:16 AM
> It's of serious concern that when on an international vacation someone has to post here - needs moar life.

Oh I dunno mate, if it was a long vacation I might log in occasionally just for the entertainment value you provide. :^O

Chilling_Silence
26-11-2004, 01:26 AM
Keep it friendly guys

I personally enjoy WFTWE, PF1 just wouldnt be the same without the occasional OT post....

Billy T
26-11-2004, 06:33 AM
Hey Guys!

I'm not on vacation, I'm working, and logging on was a nice way to keep in touch with my friends back home. When I'm on holiday I don't even go near a computer, much less PF1. :D

I had a laptop problem actually, and needed internet access to download the fix so I borrowed a wireless card to get on line. BTW, the wireless service here makes Jetstream look like dial-up and the coverage is good enough to go on-line while mobile in a car even outside the main population centres.

Anyways, I'm back next week.;\

Cheers

Billy 8-{) :)

John H
26-11-2004, 09:43 AM
>the coverage is good enough to go on-line while mobile in a car

Hope you weren't driving (and drinking single malt?) whilst being mobile in a car Billy! Gives you a whole new perspective on cell phone use whilst driving...

Travel safely. According to Dave Barry, you need a bullet proof vest in Miami.

stu120404
26-11-2004, 10:01 AM
> Travel safely. According to Dave Barry, you need a
> bullet proof vest in Miami.

lol