PDA

View Full Version : Mouse in XP

Thomas
24-11-2004, 04:20 PM
I have a Intellimouse Explorer.

It has this habit of losing the facility to double click on the wheel every time I re boot,to fix it I have to go into program click on appropriate icon and all is well.

Can we help folks?

Murray P
24-11-2004, 04:37 PM
Uninstall, unplug then reinstall, making sure you have the latest drivers for the re part.

The Mouse in XP bit is a little more serious. Once these critters get in they're blimmin hard to dislodge and XP attracts critters like flies to a proverbial, do you have a shotgun?

CliveM
24-11-2004, 04:42 PM
I have a similar problem with my wireless keyboard. After start up I have to open and close the MS Keyboard software before my PC recognizes the Hot keys and other features. Otherwise the PC thinks a basic keyboard is there. I must check out my mouse but it is probably the same.

Murray P
24-11-2004, 04:43 PM
Are these wireless devices?

Thomas
24-11-2004, 04:53 PM
>The Mouse in XP bit is a little more serious. Once these critters get in >they're blimmin hard to dislodge and XP attracts critters like flies to a >proverbial, do you have a shotgun?

I think the shotgun is a bit over kill,will lt the cat intervene me thinks.

Mine is not wireless.
Will give the above a go,Ta.

Murray P
24-11-2004, 05:05 PM
Hmm yes, your probably right, a 32 or a kea gun with heavy shot should be enough to euthanase XP.

Gosh! all of our cats are wireless, not bad on critters all the same tho.

Thomas
24-11-2004, 05:18 PM
I hope you don't have a kea gun,they are illegal,I have one;)

Murray P
24-11-2004, 05:39 PM
Nope, it wasn't mine :O haven't had the pleasure of one since I was 10 or 11. Lot's of fun was had, for a brief time blowing, inanimate things to smitherines, up in the hills and far away from people I hasten to add.

They weren't always illegal, as long as the barrel was more than 14" IIRC and was there something about high country in the ToU, in fact I didn't realise they are now.

Thomas
24-11-2004, 06:20 PM
I use a Berreta 12gauge for skeet,I could you se that to good effect on this recalcitrant mousy.