PDA

View Full Version : Firefox 2

mister harbies
24-11-2004, 12:49 PM
Hi fellow F1ers,

Just wondering what you guys think Mozilla will incorporate into Firefox 2.

I am sure Mozilla don't to acheive V1 and then thats it. They want to beat Microsoft, so what can they do to improve their browser?

My predictions:

Ability to fool websites into thinking you are browsing using IE, therefore no more "you must use IE5 or above to view this website"
Better integration with Mozilla's Calendar software and Thunderbird
Built in "ad-aware" or "search and destroy" features

Lets see what you can predit?

Mister Harbies

ninja
24-11-2004, 01:35 PM
> Ability to fool websites into thinking you are
> browsing using IE, therefore no more "you must use
> IE5 or above to view this website"

You can already do this.

> Better integration with Mozilla's Calendar software
> and Thunderbird

Those are younger projects, they are obviously going to be a little behind - though a browser shouldn't really have anything to do with Calendar/E-mail apps - it's all the linking of packages that cause half the MS problems.

> Built in "ad-aware" or "search and destroy" features

Why? The browser isn't susceptible to it like IE is.

metla
24-11-2004, 01:52 PM
>>Ability to fool websites into thinking you are browsing using IE, therefore no more "you must use IE5 or above to view this website"

They they won't think anybody is using an alternative browser and will see no need to rectify their site.

Fire off an email to the cheif in charge instead...

mikebartnz
24-11-2004, 02:03 PM
Yes I agree Metla the more people that don't fool sites into thinking they are using IE the better then these lousy coders might begin to code by the standards instead. If a site insists on IE they have lost me straight away and the chances are I will never return.
As a kid there was a shop in town that would not allow children in so when I became an adult I refused to go in there. I often wondered how much trade they lost because of that.