PDA

View Full Version : Burning photo's onto CD

Fiwi
24-11-2004, 12:05 PM
Can someone please help me. I'm trying to give someone a hand burning photo's onto a CD (blind leading the blind here). The photo's are all in a folder inside MY PICTURES. They have InCD on their computer and when I insert a CD into the drive and click NEXT it says there isn't any disk in there. I know how to copy a CD to CD using my own SONIC program, but this has got me confused. Anyone know any other program that might work for them? Or any advice please?

HadO
24-11-2004, 12:09 PM
Don't know about InCD but...

If the computer has Windows XP the job is very easy...

Select all photos you want on the cd, right click and copy, open the CD drive through My Computer and right click and select "write files to cd" and the wizard will guide you through ;)

Spacemannz
24-11-2004, 12:13 PM
Use Nero it'll be easier for burning photos to CD.

If you have Nero that is. Can't remember what previous versions of Nero had, I use 6.6.0.1. Just select VideoCD and add files to it then burn them to the CD.

Or you could get the latest version Of Nerovision express (3).

This gives u the option of making a slideshow on a videocd with fades etc. That kind of stuff.

Davesdad
24-11-2004, 12:13 PM
As far as i know InCD is used for CD-RW not CD-R. Which one are you using.

Murray P
24-11-2004, 12:24 PM
InCD is packet writing software, not really suitable for general burning and not that reliable anyway.

Try something else.

Smurf
24-11-2004, 12:26 PM
I believe Davesdad is correct with his comment about InCD. This programme will accept only CD-R disks and before they can be used they need to be formatted. What programme has your friend got installed for burning?

Fiwi
24-11-2004, 01:31 PM
They have Windows ME on their machine. I have actually burned CD's on the InCD software that's on it in the past. Sorry I have no idea what program they have installed for burning (thick). Can you give me some idea of what I would be looking for please? Also can anyone suggest any 'cheap' ;) programs that might help them?

metla
24-11-2004, 01:34 PM
Windows xp.

Spacemannz
24-11-2004, 01:35 PM
As i said Nero, BUT it isnt free. BUT it does what u want it to. What came with the burner? Any burning programs at all??

Winston001
24-11-2004, 04:30 PM
Fiwi - INCD is usually bundled with Nero. See if you can find Nero on the machine. Go Start-Programs and look at what is in the popup list.

I also thought INCD only worked with CDRW - that's what we use it for at work - for our daily backups.

If there is a CD writer on the computer then it would be very odd if there was no software installed for writing, apart from INCD.

Could be Roxio? Do a search on the machine for Cd writing or burning.

Smurf
24-11-2004, 05:20 PM
Re the disks that are required for InCD. Wiston001 is quite correct..they are CD-RW..in my original reply I made a typo and stated CD-R

Fiwi
24-11-2004, 06:56 PM
Well someone who actually repaired the computer once, added InCD to the machine, so there's no CD. Apart from that, I have no idea.

Spacemannz
24-11-2004, 07:55 PM
Try this http://www.cdburnerxp.se/ and remove/uninstall INCD if u still have it

This is free and deals with most things. Dont know how good it is tho. I've never used it.

Fiwi
25-11-2004, 09:17 AM
Thanks for that, I'll pass it on.