PDA

View Full Version : Incredimail

Darcy
18-10-2004, 10:45 PM
Hi All,

Does anyone know where Incredimail store's its CONTACT's?

Im running Win XP

Also what the CONTACTs file would be called.

Rolled a mates PC after him saying he didn't want any data saved...now his Wifes say's she needs the Address book from Incredimail.

Can't find it anywhere! Doh!

Thanks

Murray P
18-10-2004, 11:55 PM
Incredimail Help (http://www.incredimail.com/english/help/im/transfer_incredimail.html), How do I transfer all of my IncrediMail files and settings to another computer? If that doesn't do it have a look around here (http://www.incredimail.com/english/help/faq.html).

Not the easiest help info to find.

Just a word, tell me to naff of and mind my own business if you like. Incredimail is one of those invasive little beggers that has a little more to it than first appearances suggest. It can also be hard to erradicate if you want it gone.

Cheers Murray P

45South
19-10-2004, 03:31 AM
I'm with Murray, Incredimail causes nothing but trouble, it's right up there with the worst spyware proggys

Darcy
19-10-2004, 07:46 AM
I agree with both of you but the females seem to get off on all the flash GUI.

Darcy
19-10-2004, 07:57 AM
Thanks Murray,

Not really what i was after though...already been there and read through that info.

I'm at the stage where the users PC has now been re-rolled and i have a copy of his old PC's HDD on another PC.

Was looking through the Program Files Folder and the Docu and Settings folder looking for an Incredimail Personal Address Book, no luck.

Any further help appreciated.

Thanks
Darcy.

Robby
19-10-2004, 08:08 AM
gidday,

this may help, click file, data and transfer settings, click transfer to
new computer, save it to a folder of choice, this will create a .cab
file with all the addresses etc.

this: file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Owner/My%20Documents/Bits%20%26%20Pieces/to%20know/Export%20Mail%20from%20IncrediMail%20to%20Another% 20Email%20Program%20-%20About%20Email%20Tip.htm

may help you convert it to be used in express etc.

Have to say I've used this for a while now with no big problems, me grandkids love the bits and pieces it produces, and I get the occasional
laugh meself.

good luck,

robby

tommy
19-10-2004, 08:09 AM
I do not have Incredimail on my computer but from memory you need to go into the File(?) menu > Address Book > export to CVS. I am not sure exactly where that option is but you should be able to find it there somewhere. That will allow you to save the address book to a comma delimited file (.cvs) that can be imported into another program, eg Outlook Express Address Book, Excel, etc.
Unfortunately there is no other way to save Incredimail's address book.

Darcy
19-10-2004, 08:23 AM
Hi All,

Sorry...i haven't explained it the best obviously.

1. There was a PC that was corrupt [couldn't log into!]
2. I used ERD Commander to go in and save the C Drive to another HDD
3. I re-installed Windows XP on the original PC
4. Now i want to retreive the CONTACTS or ADDRESS BOOK from the data i saved from the 1st PC onto the HDD

Does that read clearer?

Point is, it's tooooo late to make a .cab file or export Increimail data from the original PC, i couldn't have done that anyway ans couldn't get into the OS.

Cheers again.
Darcy

45South
19-10-2004, 08:34 AM
I did this once before a long time ago & my memory isn't too sharp
I think the forlder you are looking for is In C:\ > Documents & Settings > Users A/c > Application Data or Local settings > Application Data.
You will have to turn on "Show all Files & Folders" to see them.
The location may not be quite corect but it's some where around there

45South
19-10-2004, 08:35 AM
jeez my spellings a mess today, sorry about that

45South
19-10-2004, 08:59 AM
C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\Application Data\IM\Identities\
C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\Local Settings\Application Data\IM\Identities\

tommy
19-10-2004, 09:01 AM
I hope that 45South's information is of some help because I was unable to find Incredimail's address contacts file when I wished to back it up in Windows 98. Saving the file as a .cvs file from within Incredimail prior to uninstalling was the only option that I could find.
If you are successful it would be helpful if you could share it with us. Good luck.

Darcy
19-10-2004, 02:45 PM
Thanks for everyones help...thought i was doomed there for a little while.
But it's all good now recovered evrything. Thanks very much! The following is the path where i found the required files....remembering to turn on VIEW HIDDEN FILES & FOLDERS

1. c:\documents and settings
2. %Username%
3. Local Settings
4. Application Data
5. IM
6. IDENTITIES
7. {HYU7-GYTFRED-789GFD-YUGF54-67GHF} - SID - Example Only!
8. Under that folder should be everything you need!!!
9. Address Book , Message Store, Signature etc etc etc

Thanks once again!
Darsss.

cutyangel
30-10-2007, 09:06 AM
Hi,

I had the same problem and therefore followed your advice and saved the location under IM/IDENTITIES and everything that was saved there.

Then when I reinstalled incredimail, i copied the folder IDENTITIES and replaced it instead of the empty 'IDENTITIES' . However, when I open incredimail, I STILL do not have any settings, or addresses or even my old email. What am i doing wrong?

thanks
Pam