PDA

View Full Version : visual basic 6 compiler

bifino
20-09-2003, 05:25 PM
I bought a package, while on holiday recently in Australia, which states on 4 sides of the box "visual basic 6 for dummies deluxe compiler kit". The box contained the dummies book a cd of the lessons in the book and a cd labelled "visual basic 6 for dummies deluxe compiler kit". The cd actually is visual basic 6 working model edition. I can't get it to compile. Am I stupid? Have I been ripped off? I can't believe that IDG Books would be party to a scam. I can't program and was hoping to use this to get me started learning. Can someone please explain what I can do with this "kit".

Captive
20-09-2003, 07:03 PM
Try contacting IDG Books then maybe [?]. See what they have to say.

Gimme_DOS
20-09-2003, 11:09 PM
Try posting your query on a VBasic forum like this one
http://searchvb.techtarget.com/forums/0,289802,sid8_fid1,00.html

Good luck.

godfather
20-09-2003, 11:24 PM
Google:

Working Model Edition

Our Visual Basic text is available with the Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0 Working Model Edition, supplied on CD.

The Working Model Edition is bundled with textbooks only and is not sold separately.
It contains the same basic features of the Learning Edition, but it does not install online help files or allow the user to create the executable files needed to distribute their applications. An executable, or .exe file, is the stand alone file that runs an application.

However, the Visual Basic Working Model Edition can be used to run an application created using Visual Basic. For example, when a student creates an application within Visual Basic, it can be opened and run from within Visual Basic.

To create applications for distribution and to get the full feature set we recommend the user move up to the Professional Edition.

bifino
21-09-2003, 01:22 PM
I tried that and they sent me a 2nd copy of the cd with the examples in the book and didnt answer my question about the deluxe compiler kit.

bifino
21-09-2003, 01:25 PM
Thanks for your comments. There is actually 2 versions of Vb6 for dummies. One doesnt mention the deluxe compiler kit and is cheaper than the one I bought. Am wondering if IDG Books made a booboo. Any ideas ?

bifino
21-09-2003, 01:28 PM
Yes maybe I'll change to another language. Thanks for the url. Dave