PDA

View Full Version : ODBC Desktop Database Drivers

nixon
20-08-2003, 09:51 AM
I use a program to administer a website called 'ecBuilder'. Today I opened it and it won't open my site files on my drive. It says:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ESDBOPERATOR
Specified driver could not be loaded due to system error 1157 (Microsoft access driver (*.mdb))

ERROR: failed to initialise database access interface.

ECBUILD caused .............. fault in DTREE.DLL

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I looked in the ODBC data sources 32bit thing in Control Panel and under 'user DSN' there's nothing relating to ecBuilder or Multiactive (software makers) which seems strange. I looked under the 'drivers' tab and there is a Microsoft access driver (*.mdb) there...which is good I think.

I uninstalled the ecBuilder program and reinstalled it but still the same. Thought it might pop something into the data source but didn't.

I think I may need to download the Microsoft ODBC Desktop Database Drivers 2.0 (for 32bit... win98) and install them, but can't find a link to download anywhere... I have been looking around MS here http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/odbc/htm/odbcjetsdk.asp

Question is - does anyone know much about this stuff? Cheers...