PDA

View Full Version : Windows Updates

Ladybug
18-08-2003, 02:03 PM
Hi there have just done a windows up date and it came up with the list of available. I choose the ones i wanted and then checked the installation history. Now I have 2 of the same one - does this cause problems should I delete or what do I do???

Also another one has come up that I know I have installed and on checking it it was in my history and successful so why is it on my list of still available??

Does this make sense

Thanks Bug

stu140103
18-08-2003, 02:10 PM
> Hi there have just done a windows up date and it came
> up with the list of available. I choose the ones i
> wanted and then checked the installation history.
> Now I have 2 of the same one - does this cause
> problems should I delete or what do I do???

I do not think you cannot delete any thing of the installation history list, so I do not think that will be a problem.

> Also another one has come up that I know I have
> installed and on checking it it was in my history and
> successful so why is it on my list of still
> available??

Maybe because MS has released it or something else, try re downloading it & see it helps.

I hope this helps

tommy
18-08-2003, 05:12 PM
It should not cause any problems having two of the same updates in your installation history. If you are downloading updates manually it pays to check that you only download and install the most recent version of an update because some are released a second time with fixes.

Ladybug
18-08-2003, 05:33 PM
THanks again Tommy

Would they not have a different number if it was a fix??? or have an a or b or something???

:) Bug

FrankS
18-08-2003, 09:19 PM
In XP if you go on line then to ControlPanel/ Add or Remove Programs at the bottom is a list of Updates. Click on one of interest, cl Support Information, cl link. If not listed go to MS Knowledge Base
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?ln=EN=US&pr=kbinfo&