PDA

View Full Version : Norton Internet Security 2001

ssssss
16-08-2003, 09:33 PM
I have acquired a brand new version of this through TradeMe.
I want to install it on my Windows ME computer in the belief that it will bring my virus protection up to date, as I have not been updating my McAfee.
Am I right in thinking it is advisable/necessary to uninstall McAfee, ZoneAlarm and Adsubtract first, before installing Norton Internet Security?

tweak\'e
16-08-2003, 10:06 PM
correct me if i'm wrong but norton internet sicurity dosn't have antivirus so you wont get an upto date antivirus.

as far as installing goes you will need to uninstall any other firewalls first.

ssssss
16-08-2003, 10:17 PM
yes tweak'e, i wondered about that at first, but I think it must have. it says it has norton antivirus, with liveupdate giving 'virus definitions that keep your virus protection up-to-date'. and on the back of the box it says it has norton antivirus proving maximum protection against internet and email viruses etc

PoWa
16-08-2003, 10:28 PM
Tweak'e NIS, has Norton Personal Firewall and Antivirus. Absolutely no doubt about that.

As far as McAffee Antivirus and NIS, the two can not live together! It will have an absolute nut on your computer if you try.

You can however do this, uninstall Mcaffee completely. Then on a reinstall, only install the McAffee Firewall -not the antivirus. Then install the Norton Antivirus and the firewall that comes in that. Config the firewall properly, or its a waste of time.

tweak\'e
16-08-2003, 10:38 PM
thanks for the correction. i have seen it avertised as firewall only.

i would cleanout mcaffee toatally. running dual firewalls is problematic.

ssssss
16-08-2003, 10:38 PM
thanks!