PDA

View Full Version : Got my new DVD, but....

paradox
15-08-2003, 12:50 AM
Hi...Well, I've finally got myself a dvd player. It's a Lenoxx 9300 and possibly the last one in Hamilton. Cheap and looks it but after spending heaps of time struggling with a whole new bunch of buttons and commands I've managed to see once again "Jazz on a Summer Day" for the first time since around 1960. The colour and sound are both great although they are only going through a tv. Havn't had time yet to connect to the stereo. I could do with some help with the remote functions...does anyone know of explanatory stuff on that subject online? But the first problem is with the tv...I think. When I switch it from TV to AV it switches to AV mode and displays "VIDEO" in green type. When playing a video tape the word VIDEO just vanishes but when playing a dvd the word stays on screen. The tv is a Sony Trinitron and is not young, but not a real old crock either. Any help would be great.
Sorry to ramble on..I'm a bit high from seeing one of my most favourite films again. Ken

vk_dre
15-08-2003, 12:54 AM
Wot inputs do u have for the DVD player (eg. composite S-video etc.) and have u tried pressing the "Display" button on the Sony TV remote control while watchin DVD's, it should remove the big green letter from ur sight.

cheers,
v.K

vk_dre
15-08-2003, 12:57 AM
I just tried searching Google and not many results have appeared, actually only one english result, the rest are all random languages ............

BootyLicious
15-08-2003, 12:59 AM
paradox did you not get mannuls with your Tv and DVD player?

The first thing you should do is read the mannuls, all you need to now should be in there.:p

vk_dre
15-08-2003, 01:04 AM
> paradox did you not get mannuls with your Tv and DVD
> player?
>
> The first thing you should do is read the mannuls,
> all you need to now should be in there.:p

That necessarily mite not be the rite thign to do, cos once i bougt a sony vcr from Aus, and it had the manual in chinese only, it should usually come with english and othe languages but this only came wiv chinese, pretty lame.

vk_dre
15-08-2003, 01:05 AM
Oh and i'm refferng to manual being n chinese as lame, not ur post. (just to make sure i didnt offend anyone). :)

BootyLicious
15-08-2003, 01:17 AM
manual in chinese only ( man that is funny):^O

Billy T
15-08-2003, 01:43 AM
The Lenoxx manual is quite good and is in kosher English too but you have to be patient with it. Some functions are a bit obscure and you won't find the multizone enabling instructions in it either, but a search of PF1 sould bring that up as it was posted some time back.

It is actually quite a well built product compared to some I've seen and ours has been going well. We used the S-video inputs until our ancient Panasonic TV spat the dummy on those and we changed to normal AV inputs. I honestly can't tell the difference!

Cheers

Billy 8-{)

paradox
16-08-2003, 12:50 AM
vk dre & all...thanks for the replies. Looking at the back view of the player the video plug goes into (3) videop output socket and the audio into (2) mixed audio socket. The leads go to "audio in" and "video in" on the TV and so far we are really enjoying the result. I'll nip down to Dick Smiths tomorrow for a cable that will get to our stereo. I tried the display button on the TV remote and it worked!!!! I often use that so why didn't I do that before? I think it was so much new stuff to learn that has got my head spinning.

BootyLicious...I'm still working on the manual and below are a couple of things that I still can't make work.

Billy-T...I did a big search for DVD and Lenoxx and I saw that you blokes have quite a start on me. It says on the box that this Lenoxx is multizone
and from my short time with it, it seems to be auto. But then, we only bought it because I found several real old movies that I've wanted for years at Barnes and Nobles and then had nothing to play them on. The player and our oldish Trinitron Sony cope with the NTSC OK.

My current puzzle is CD play. It plays the CD alright but I get no list of titles or even a list of track numbers as the manual suggests should appear. I can peck track numbers on the remote to play a track I want but it would be nice to see a list such as on WMP. With mp3s I haven't been able to get Lenoxx to even recognise one on a locked CD.

Any suggestions on this would be great....Cheers K.