PDA

View Full Version : Photoshop Elements HELLLPPP

lindy
14-08-2003, 12:52 PM
Would love some tuition on this programme...I mean I'm starting from zilch here...even the tutorials are 'gobbly de gook' think I'm progressing A OK then back to sq. 1.
Stitching photos - thought I would have a go at that...
when I go to the Browse for files & have done the Shift key etc the OK button is not available ...any clues?
If I can get past this problem and have the photos to my satisfaction would love next steps (kindergarten level :)
cheers (I think) lindy

tommy
14-08-2003, 01:40 PM
> even the tutorials are 'gobbly de gook'

The program's tutorials or on the internet?

Try putting Photoshop Elements tutorials into Google and then take your pick.

Greg S
14-08-2003, 03:41 PM
If you're finding it such a struggle, perhaps you've gone over your head, and need to downgrade to a more user-friendly programme?

You could try Hewlett Packard's local website - they run a series of free online training lessons for a good range of applications, and I seem to remember them doing one on Photoshop - both a beginner's and an advanced.

Greg S
14-08-2003, 03:45 PM
http://www.hplearningcenter.com/?mcID=em15

Rank32
14-08-2003, 05:13 PM
Deviantart has a pile of tutorials for Photoshop.

They havn't got a PS7 area yet, but most of the PS6 ones still apply.

http://tutorials.deviantart.com/ps6/

:o)

Greg S
15-08-2003, 12:59 AM
Thx Rank... I'm sure that link will benefit many of us noobs

colmack
23-08-2003, 11:22 PM
Extra cost is well worth is - I strongly recommend 'Photoshop Elements for Dummies". I had to get mine through Amazon. It's brilliant - but don't waste your money (like I did) on "Idiots Guide to..." - no comparison.

mejobloggs
24-08-2003, 01:35 PM
One thing i spen hours trying to solve. I like the curser that is a square, or a circle the size of the brush. One time it didnt have this, it had gone to a crosshare, and i spent ages looking in the settings and everything, trying to change it, but i couldnt.

Take the caps lock off if that happens, before spending ages trying to fix it.

Duh. Is it just me?

Neil McC
24-08-2003, 03:59 PM
No,happened to me first time using it,mjb.Nearly sent me crazier trying to work it out,what had I done!!!!
:_|