PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to Brett Mason for winning prize

vk_dre
13-08-2003, 07:22 PM
COngrats Brett for winning the Palm PDA, and on the topic of prizes, who won the copies of Kingdom Hearts?:D If they havent been given out, then i'm sorry but if they have, who got them? (Cos i mite buy it off them :D)

Jen C
13-08-2003, 07:32 PM
Well done! :D

I guess you know that the Palm Zire is has native Linux support since kernel 2.4.20 :D

-=JM=-
13-08-2003, 08:40 PM
Congratulations Brett it's good to know who won it at last. You deserved it.

bmason
13-08-2003, 11:19 PM
Thanks everyone.

The linux support was amazing. All I had to do was plug it in and hit sync.

Will have to wait til 5pm friday before I can play with it properly.

bmason
14-08-2003, 12:54 AM
And an extra big thank you to PCWorld and IDG for the great gift.

-=JM=-
14-08-2003, 08:41 AM
You forgot to thank the kind members of the site that came up with the questions for you to answer :p :D

Susan B
14-08-2003, 09:51 AM
Nice one Brett, well deserved. Hope you have lots of fun playing with it. :-)

robo
14-08-2003, 11:47 AM
Well, I am just (very) relieved we got it sorted in the end.

BM only has a small idea of what a battle it has been.
robo.

Greg S
14-08-2003, 03:37 PM
What was the winning question/answer?

-=JM=-
14-08-2003, 05:59 PM
I don't think there is any ONE question/answer that got it Greg.

Greg S
15-08-2003, 12:56 AM
K. Thx. I guess the judging must've been a bit subjective then.

Susan B
15-08-2003, 10:01 AM
> I guess the judging must've been a bit subjective then.

Oh Greg, if you are meaning what I think you mean that is a bit uncharitable. :-(

It is not easy for Robo to pick a winner - I think he discards heaps of names that come out of the hat because they haven't behaved nicely enough (that's why I keep missing out :p).

I like to see big prizes on PF1 go to someone really deserving but there are so many of those here and quite a few have already won prizes in the past. At least this time it went to someone who has been around for a while, not like one of the games earlier this year, and Brett has been quite helpful with his Linux answers.

Geez, I feel sorry for Robo when it comes to prizegiving. :D

Greg S
15-08-2003, 12:27 PM
Jeez sorry if that sounded as bad as Suzie Bee thinks. I wasn't trying to suggest that "subjective" is a bad thing, but if there was no definitive question/answer, how else? If something like that nice little contest were to come up again, it could be useful to know more or less what criteria were involved in selecting a winner.

Susan B
15-08-2003, 06:57 PM
> If something like that nice little contest were to come up again, it could be useful to know more or less what criteria were involved in selecting a winner.

A contest, as in a quiz? Now that's an idea....... :-)

Hey wait a minute.... we do quizzes here everyday though, don't we?? :p :D