PDA

View Full Version : Saving 'My Documents' on two HDD's

05-09-1998, 02:37 PM
I have two HDD's in my computer. When I do a document save in MS Word I would like to not only save it to 'My Documents' on the C: drive but also to a 'My Documents' folder on the D: drive. Can this be done and if so, How?

Glenn
01-12-2005, 06:34 AM
I know this could easily be done if you're system uses a RAID configuration, but not sure if it can be done as it stands. If you just want to be able to have a backup of all your docs, you can create an xcopy routine. Put a shortcut to it on the desktop and all your docs will be copied to another location with a click of the mouse. Do a google for xcopy.

g

berryb
01-12-2005, 08:41 AM
I know this could easily be done if you're system uses a RAID configuration, but not sure if it can be done as it stands. If you just want to be able to have a backup of all your docs, you can create an xcopy routine. Put a shortcut to it on the desktop and all your docs will be copied to another location with a click of the mouse. Do a google for xcopy.

g

"Doin the Time Warp" xcopy worked well back in 1998 too!!

carlh
01-12-2005, 06:28 PM
You might also want to have a look at Microsoft's SyncToy - it's one of their free XP Powertoy downloads, and it's very good!

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/digitalphotography/prophoto/synctoy.mspx