PDA

View Full Version : Computer freezing, mouse/keyboard locks up

Maarten
18-06-2003, 08:17 AM
I've been having problems with my computer for the last few days, as soon as I boot up the computer, the computer freezes for about two seconds, and half the time the mouse and/or keyboard stops working, and every few minutes the mouse jumps all around the screen without me touching it. DVD movies also skip every few minutes, and in Unreal Tournament, when I'm looking across the landscape, the game will freeze for a second or two, and my character will suddenly be looking up or down, and the gun starts discharging for no reason, or it will start moving forward for no reason, which I can't stop. It's only happened for the last few days. I have a AMD Athlon T-bird 1.4GHz with 512 Mb RAM, a GeForce2 MX400, and using the 41.09 drivers, and my DirectX version is 9.0a, recently downloaded, but at first everything still worked fine. The drivers don't seem to be the problem either, as I had the 44.03 version, and it was even worse than it is now, so I reverted to the old version. What is wrong with my computer?

cicero
18-06-2003, 09:26 AM
Try yhis and see if it helps.
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

Free version is good

Maarten
19-06-2003, 08:04 AM
Yeah, seems to be working good now! Thanks for the help!

Maarten
19-06-2003, 08:27 AM
scrub that, it started happening again right after I posted that message, my keyboard locked up and I had to restart. I scanned right away, but nothing was found. Very strange...

Craig
19-06-2003, 10:17 AM
sounds to me like your motherboard could need replacing. ive heard of several similar cases, which were fixed by this.