PDA

View Full Version : MS Excel: How do I make sure the default paper size is A4?

learner
26-12-2002, 06:27 PM
Hi folks,
Is it possible to set the default Paper Size in MS Excel to show as A4 each time I start a fresh sheet. How and where does one set the default to
A4? Selecting Page Setup the Page
tab will reveal the Paper Size slot reading Letter. I wish to have it read A4 automatically.I can change it easily for each session but there must be a way of changing this somewhere in Office 2000 or Excel so that the Paper size always reads as A4.

Thank you, Learner

wuppo
26-12-2002, 07:14 PM
Check your Printer properties, and make sure the default paper size is set to A4 - Excel should pick up the paper size from the printer info.

roofus
26-12-2002, 08:18 PM
Make the changes that you require. Such as setting the paper size to A4 then save the settings as a template.

Also ensure that your regional settings in control panel are set to NZ.

learner
26-12-2002, 10:50 PM
Thanks to wuppo the default paper is now A4 - great! The solution was as wuppo mentioned: in Printer Properties in the Control Panel Device settings
Form to tray assignment Paper Input tray and also Manual Paper Feed once altered from Letter to A4 and then clicking on Apply and restarting the computer produced the default Paper size in Excel to show as A4 rather than
Letter. I see that the General tab in HPLaser Jet 6L Properties is also showing Paper Available: A4 instead of the unwanted Letter.

Special thanks wuppo for a prompt and very helpful answer.
regards,Learner

learner
26-12-2002, 10:54 PM
Thanks roofus for your quick answer. I found the regional settings in the
Control Panel were correct - Set to English (New Zealand).
The answer was as wuppo suggested: to change the info in the printer properties -as wuppo pointed out the settings are picked up by Excel.

I appreciate your advice.
Regards,Learner