PDA

View Full Version : Outlook Express error 501 0x800ccc79

Advocar
01-10-2002, 10:35 PM
1880 mhz communications ram windows xp pro office xp pro 6months old

no previous probs with E Mail setup

When sending email error 501 0x800ccc79 is returned. Email address correctly entered into address book. Have deleted it and re-entered it still no go. express deletes . between co.nz

The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was 'xxxetc@ww.co nz'. Subject 'xetcx', Account: 'pop3.paradise.net.nz', Server: 'smpt.paradise.net.nz', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '501 Bad address syntax', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 501, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

Only one e mail address in "send to box"

Following done
Have sent it OK from work
searched
Press F1 topics, not found
Microsoft support, and press no help
Microsoft product support. suggested "tick" Outgoing mail server properties "My server requires authentication"
have looked through express and my e mail setup connection

Unable to find this box?

godfather
01-10-2002, 11:02 PM
This is strange.
The error will likely be from the removal of the "." in the address.

One immediately thinks of a virus, given 2 new ones released yesterday, do an on-line scan perhaps?

Jim B
01-10-2002, 11:36 PM
Type the address in the To field manually so you can see it is correct.
It should send OK
Sounds like your address book is playing up, it is not uncommon for the addresss book to make mistakes with address format.

Advocar
02-10-2002, 12:22 AM
Thanks

PC came with
1) Norton suit, auto update. Ran update then virus scan PC none found
2) PcCillin, auto scans out going mail. Carried out their house call, all clear.

Advocar
02-10-2002, 12:56 AM
Thanks

Entered E Mail directly. All OK

I also looked at the first name box. I had entered a number of entries being their full club name 49 in all. I took them out and it went ok from address book as well. I then put them back in but it still worked OK. I have put them into comments field now.