PDA

View Full Version : ADDING RAM

21-10-2001, 03:39 PM
i have being thinking about adding more ram for months now
anyway to cut a long story short i just got 128 mb stick of ram for $47 new not second hand installed it myself boy what a difference i should have done this ages ago. So to all you lot thinking about adding more ram just do it.
You will see a speed increase right away.
take care Chris

21-10-2001, 04:18 PM
Hi Chris.... I would like to do the same, but don't know whether to do it myself, or get a pro to do it. How did you know what stick to buy , and how hard wss it to fit... I would be grateful if you could contact me at ajcw1953@hotmail.com to fill me in on a few details... Thanks

21-10-2001, 04:31 PM
It is the cheapest and most effective upgrade for most people.

It's a pity computer makers always sell computers with a bare minimum amount of ram, especially when its so cheap and affects performance so much.

Unfortunately, it is not going to stop until people stop only looking at the MHz rating.

Recently its become even worse with the Pentium 4, because it was intentionally made by Intel to exploit the belief that MHz=speed.

</RANT>

21-10-2001, 05:08 PM
Yea it does make a big difference esp if you at least double the ammount of ram you have.

21-10-2001, 09:46 PM
Did you go to Dick Smiths too...lol...I did the deed this weekend too...well at least I bought the ram and had a young computer whizz ( friend of a friend ) install it for me....a couple of minutes work but I am just stoked at my computers improved performance..now if only I could speed up my xtra connection I really would be over the moon....

21-10-2001, 10:13 PM
yes i did pam and it was the best $47 i have spent in ages
cannot wait untill next payday so i can rush back and get some more lol

chris