PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know my password.

21-10-2001, 02:27 AM
Yes me again, when our pc goes to connect to the internet it doesn't remember the isp's password. Apparently some security programme was run and it hasn't remembered the password since. We've tried going into the control pannel putting in the phone number and password and clicking on remember but ...it doesn't...I think its a male computer..can anyone help.......paaalleaassseeee..

21-10-2001, 10:37 AM
It might seem a little obvious ( but I have a males brain - LOL ) but have you contacted your ISP's help desk?.... When I joined my ISP, I had to answer a secret question, and if you forget your password, it is just a matter of then, selecting a new one..... Your ISP is just a phone call away!!!!!

21-10-2001, 10:41 AM
It might seem a little obvious ( but I have a males brain - LOL ) but have you contacted your ISP's help desk?.... When I joined my ISP, I had to answer a secret question, and if you forget your password, it is just a matter of then, selecting a new one..... Your ISP is just a phone call away!!!!!

21-10-2001, 10:46 AM
Hullo Sandra

I am not sure if this may help your problem (I am just a 3rd grade male, or that's how people use me)
This option is how I use it. When you first log-on to internet you enter your password just the one time, But once I had to reenter my password often, and I rang 'Clear help desk' about five or six years ago and they told me how to fix it.

From 'Outlook Express' program, click onto 'tools' => Accounts => Mail => Properties => Servers (tab) => then tick 'Remember password'

I hope this cures your problem. It fixed mine all right.

From Eric.

21-10-2001, 11:39 AM
My computer keeps doing things i don't want it to do... must be female!

21-10-2001, 12:50 PM
This one is for Eric!

The best way to stop people treating you like third class male is to start acting like a first class male.

Cheers

bin Larfin

21-10-2001, 01:07 PM
Try deleting your Windows password file. Do a search on your system for *.PWL, then delete or rename them. Reboot your system, and you'll notice that Windows will ask for a user name and password to log in. You're now re-creating this password information in your system. You don't have to enter a password here if you don't want to use one every time you log in, but you do need to enter a user name. This will rebuild the password file, and may allow your Dial-up Networking to save your dial-up password.

21-10-2001, 03:05 PM
...if the solutions offered by Eric & ** don't work, it is most likely that the 'security programme' you used has disabled the function.

The following should restore it:

Go - Control Panel > Network > Configuration > highlight 'TCP/IP' > Properties > click 'Okay' in the Information Box > 'Bindings' tab > check (enable) the box marked 'Client for Microsoft Networks' > click OKAY.

You may be prompted to insert your installation CD and/or restart your system ... simply follow your on screen directions.

Cheers !!!

e_

21-10-2001, 04:02 PM
Dear Sandra
Do you get the feeling that some of the replies to your problem might very well be correct but not to your question? I am keen to know how you get on.

Then there was the bit of humor I made on my first posting I treat every on as first class level, but I have found there is only so much 3rd class crap you can take, then comes the breaking point and the I regret to say I go into 4th class mode. As I say to someone once 'People like winding me up, but after the breaking point they don't like seeing me unwind.' and if 'Sob Story' knows me please feel free to contact me direct and not via 'F1'.

This is a reply to *.pwd files answer above.
1. Go to Start => Settings (or My Computer) => Control panel => Network.
2. In 'Primary Network Login' box Replace 'Client for Microsoft Network' to 'Windows Logon'
3 You might need your windows CDROM as you close everything up.
This applies to not only stand alone computer, but also some that are networked.

21-10-2001, 09:28 PM
Hiya Sandra

I am constantly haranged by my wife for not remembering things, much like the password settings of PC's maybe I should tell he I have a microprocessor for a memory!

However, here is a password site I often recommend to those who find their system constantly forgets their passwords.

http://www.geocities.com/budallen98_98/dunpass.html#top

Good luck

GG