PDA

View Full Version : HP machines & XP

17-10-2001, 02:46 PM
does anyone know if it is possible to do a clean install of XP on a machine like this with a full version of XP after reformating machine and not haveing / using recovery disks to pull the drivers from .... will XP load the right drivers ????

17-10-2001, 04:00 PM
Shouldn't be a problem. Get the upgrade adviser - http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/howtobuy/upgrading/advisor.asp and see what it says.

17-10-2001, 05:30 PM
Providing your computer isn't too old, XP will work great , it even includes drivers for hardware that you could never imagine being able to actully run windowsXP.

17-10-2001, 09:41 PM
Hello Buckie,

I would not be to confident of XP having native driver support for your HP PC, as most of the drivers required are HP customised it is not normal for Windows to support them, then again with XP you might get lucky, to be on the safe side go to HP.com and do a driver search for your model of PC and download all the drivers before you start.

Alan

17-10-2001, 09:47 PM
ok downloaded the tester from Microsoft and the only thing i think i will have problems with will be the modem/soundcard so heres hopeing and god willing LOL

18-10-2001, 08:43 AM
As long as your HP computer is half-recent, WindowsXP will have drivers for your computer.