PDA

View Full Version : How Bad is this !!

16-10-2001, 11:03 PM
When I access an ezboard message board I get the following message:

Inoculate T real-time protection has found that

C:\WINDOWS\TEMPORARY INTERNET FILES\CONTENT.IE5\G7LITNQ8\CAMP354269868910.HTM is JS.IE start trojan. Not restored.

Also what seems like a program file named oadist shows up in a temporary internet file scan.

I am new to posting on this board but I am a frequent visitor. Thanks for any help you can give me.

16-10-2001, 11:33 PM
Warning!! There seems to be a Trojan planted on that messege board and your Antivirus is detecting it. Dont goto that messege board again.

Do this: Select AutoDownload to update InoculateIT and do a full scan of your harddrive to make sure there are no viruses/trojans on ur Harddrive.

16-10-2001, 11:46 PM
Thanks me,
Have done as you said, nothing found on full system scan, I guess we were lucky to stop it infecting, is innoculate all I need to scan for trojan or should I down load a trojan only scan, if so what is hot at the moment.

17-10-2001, 08:02 AM
This is just like the other guy having trouble with norton antivirus on some webpages. This is the code on their webpage which has been marked as malicious, such as being able to change a users homepage, and favourites. It is not repairable, because it is on the page, not your computer.

17-10-2001, 04:17 PM
IIRC, the register (www.theregister.co.uk) was reporting a while ago that there was some sort of virus infecting IIS servers that could infect IE.

17-10-2001, 08:09 PM
Thanks Dylan and b m for your input, I think all of you are spot on with what you have said, no problems today, have stayed away from the offending site.