PDA

View Full Version : Unusual program in memory

15-10-2001, 02:32 PM
I have noticed my pc slows down a lot at times their is no particular event which seams to cause this problem, however bringing up the Close program box (Alt Ctrl & Del ) indicates 'TF_FloatingLangBar_WindTitle ' sitting in memory .

Is this any thing to be concerned about

I am running Windows 98 SE,
I am using Norton Anti virus with current dat files,
The PC has a AMD K2 500 PC chip with 196Mg of memory

Any advise would be appreciated.
GM

15-10-2001, 02:49 PM
i've never heard of this 'TF_FloatingLangBar_WindTitle', but to find out where its loading from, and what program may be associated with it, Select Start > Run, and type 'msconfig' and click OK. In the new window that comes up, click 'Startup' from one of the top tabs, and it should list all the programs that run at startup, and where they are located, and also where they are started from (system.ini, registry, or the Windows Startup folder). If you don't recognise the program, you can remove the command from startup so that it doesn't load.

16-10-2001, 01:03 AM
It seems to be associated with a DVD player. If you select it and press END TASK that will erase it until the computer starts again. See how thimgs go without the entry, especially DVD, which may take a little longer to get going. If all is OK do the MSConfig thing to make it permanent.

17-10-2001, 12:43 AM
Nno DVD unit on the PC - Just a HP CD writter.

MSConfig dose not show this program nor do any of the other utilties that I have ( Reg Cleaner etc )

This program dose not appear at boot up and I can't trace it to any program that I run.
I am essentailly worried that it may indicate a trojan or similar program.

I am using Norton AV - current dat files & Zonealarm - not alerts from either of these
any other suggestions ?.
GM

18-10-2001, 11:50 PM
Here is the site I found(Japanese I think).
http://www.proton.co.jp/support/faq/faq86.html