PDA

View Full Version : cd database

15-10-2001, 11:57 AM
Has anyone found a free program that is easy to use for listing files etc on Cds. eg 'a type of Database'
I have many PC World Cds
which I would like to find certain files or programs,but is a long job going through each disc.

15-10-2001, 12:27 PM
Hi Laurie,

There are heaps of free directory printing freeware titles around. Go to a download site like www.download.com and have a look. I have seen one that lets you specify which filr types to list ie *.exe, *.zip etc in your case.

You can then print to a text file. From there it is up to you - you can print the list, or enter the values into excell or access.

Somem (ezula? i think) will print to a file in tab or comma delimited fromat. this makes for easy importing into excell.

Hope this helps

G P

P.S. Maybe someone will remember where you can find the ezula software I am talking about is available.

15-10-2001, 02:36 PM
Download CDScan 1.0b from the PCWorld fileworld at http://idg.co.nz/PCWorld/fileworld.nsf/ViewByDate /26A3B5DA246405C3CC2569310015D429?OpenDocument)

After installing the program you just put the CD in the drive and press scan to catalogue all files on the CD. You can also create multiple catalogues, one for MP3 CD's, one for PC World, etc...