PDA

View Full Version : Win Me + ie6 + system restore = headache

14-10-2001, 01:27 PM
my system is win me plus 64 megs of ram the problem is this i installed ie6 from this months pc world disc everything seemed ok for a day then ie6 started crashing alot so i decided to use system restore to fix the problem iwent back 2 days to see if that would help prior to installing ie6 well my computer would only start in safe mode but it would allow me to use system restore so i then went forward 2 days bingo it was working again every thing was ok untill i opened ie what i now have is ie 5.5 telling me that it is ie6 what i would like to know is how do i get ie6 back and stop it from crashing all the time and why is ie5.5 telling me it is ie6 if any one has the answer i thank you in advance

14-10-2001, 01:46 PM
Try installing IE6 again, then if any problems occur, try going to add/remove programs, and choose Internet Explorer, and then repair.

14-10-2001, 03:18 PM
Hello Chris,

Go to the following linkand download ieradicator this small freeware utility will completely remove any version of IE and allow you to then do a clean install with the edition you prefer, just what you need.
http://www.98lite.net/ieradicator.html

make sure you read the info file before proceeding and pretty soon all should be back to normal.

Alan

15-10-2001, 10:05 AM
Hi Chris,
the crashing problem, may be caused by lack of RAM. I've seen computers with Me/64RAM run ok, until you add something. adding another 64, or 128RAM seems to help Me run heaps better.
cheers.
Bob