PDA

View Full Version : ACCESS TO WEB SITE

14-10-2001, 01:00 PM
When I go to one of my favourite web sites, lufc.com, just after the page opens up it drops out to a white screen with a .gif file in the top left corner. I can't get past this. (Copy of file attached) I have had no trouble with this site until the last week or so, and I know the problem is at my end, as a friend accessed the site as a check and had no problems. Any help would be appreciated. Regards, Keith Booth.
The errant file: http://www1.lufc.com/images/splash/buts_on_01.gif

14-10-2001, 01:24 PM
It's just a dead link.

Delete it from your favorites, find your page on the net again and add to your favorites again, or make a new link on your links bar.

14-10-2001, 01:45 PM
Nope, this site works at my end. Tried disabling zonealarm or NIS?

14-10-2001, 02:01 PM
The site is accesible, but the link you gave is a dead link.

14-10-2001, 02:45 PM
Try clearing your temporary internet files (cache) from Tools->Internet Options in IE

15-10-2001, 10:10 AM
Many thanks to those who have replied to my call for help.
To K.O. : The site was not on my favourites list, or shown as a link. When I go to the page, it loads then up comes the white screen with the words 'enter website' top left, and then it freezes, so I can't make a new link.
To Dylan C. : Disabled Zonealarm. No change. What's NIS?
To Ryan O'C : The only temp internet files I have are Content IE5 with desktop.ini file. Have emptied my disk cache. No change.

I am running Netscape Communicator 4.7 on Win98, with an Intel 668MHz processor.
The last time I successfully entered the site was about a week ago. It now has a TV page. To use this the instructions told me I needed me to download Windows Media player. This I did, but haven't been able to get on since. I can't see how this could be relevant, but.........
KB

Thomas01
13-02-2003, 10:55 AM
This sounds like the problem I had (see web site).
XTRA solved mine by suggesting I download IE6 from Microsoft. Daft really because I was already using IE6 off a locally supplied CD and had tried reinstalling it. Anyway I took their advice (be ready to spend nearly 2 hours downloading it)
The download worked. I have no problems now.
The site they gave me was www.microsoft.com/ie You will be redirected from this site to another (I forget its name). Go ahead. I didn't believe that this would cure my problem. It did.

Jim B
13-02-2003, 12:37 PM
That is strange, there is nothing unusual about that site.
Try going direct to the main page which is probably what you want anyway.

http://www.leedsunited.com/index.asp

Biggles
13-02-2003, 12:55 PM
Geez people, the original ppost was Oct 14 2001 - no wonder the problem isn't manifesting itself at the moment.

Jim B
13-02-2003, 01:08 PM
I didn't notice that, good spotting.
How did that get reposted?

Biggles
13-02-2003, 01:14 PM
Someone does a search. Reads a post and decides to reply to it. If the post is over a month old there's a warning message to that effect, but nothign to actually stop you reply to an old message.