PDA

View Full Version : Windows98

13-10-2001, 03:06 PM
I tried to install an old copy of OFFICE. It didn't work and stopped me from using some other programs. I uninstalled it and since then I get a notice that MS09.DLL is missing every time I boot up. The computer works OK but I had to reinstall MSPublisher 98 which reported the same fault and would not run until I reinstalled it. I have reinstalled windows several times !! without any improvement. I cannot find any copy of this file on any of my CDs or floppies etc.

13-10-2001, 03:28 PM
You may need to search inside the .CAB files on your Windows 98 or Office CD's to find the file. Use Winzip to open these files and browse for the .dll you're looking for.

13-10-2001, 04:07 PM
Hello Tom,
Read the following link for a resolution to the problem, it pertains to access but the same cause and resolution probably applies in your case.
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q237/9/79.asp

Alan

14-10-2001, 03:54 AM
To reinstall system files, click Start, Programs, Accessories, System Tools, System Information, Tools menu, System File Checker; click on 'Extract one file from instalation disk.' then type only the file name, NOT its path. Ie 'MS09.DLL' in this case. The file will be isstalled automatically. Remember to restart your computer.