PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft Outlook:sending e-mail.HELP wanted, please.

13-10-2001, 08:48 AM
Never used this to date. Went to respond via e-mail to someone on a web page. Outlook took on the job. Whenever I Send the message I get a message back stating there was no transport provider available to send this message. Is this me or them? I am using Outlook Express 6 and am connected at time of sending.Whenever I go to help to sort this out I get just getdazed and confused. I can't make head nor tail of this, so if anyone can point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated. I just assumed that it would be sent via my existing connection. Any clarification? please!!!!

13-10-2001, 09:09 AM
If this is the first time it has been used, there is probably no account to send mail with (eg, xtra, clearnet). Even though you are connected to the net, you outlook program needs to be told where to look for the servers. You should be able to find detailed instructions on how to do this at your ISP's homepage, as it varies from isp to isp.

13-10-2001, 09:21 AM
where do I find the isp homepage? Not much info in dial-up networking.

13-10-2001, 09:46 AM
What ISP are you using? Zfree does not offer offline emailing, so you can't set it up in outlook express.
If you can tell us your ISP, then we can step you through most of the process, but it may be of more help to phone the ISP's helpdesk and get them to step you through it.

13-10-2001, 11:13 AM
isp is infogen.net.nz provided by morenet. Thanks for your responses.