PDA

View Full Version : Symantec Products

12-10-2001, 11:54 PM
Does anyone know if Norton's System Works is any better or has better features and/or utilities than Norton Utilities?

Thanks in advance

13-10-2001, 12:15 AM
Norton System Works, has Norton Utilities plus more.

In System Works you get, Antivirus, Utilities, Cleansweep, and Roxio's Go Back.

Norton Utilities, contains Speed Disk a defragger, Disk Doctor which is essentially a ScanDisk replacement, WinDoctor, and other tools.

Check out

http://www.symantec.co.nz/regi
on/au_nz/product/

for more information.

I would hold off purchasing at the moment, as you could win one if you provide a good answer to a post on PressF1 this month. Also version 2002 is out now, so make sure you don''t get fobbed off with 2001 from a shop (unless its discounted greatly).

Good Luck with your decision
JM

13-10-2001, 08:44 AM
Don't buy a discounted older copy if you plan to use it on windowsXP, as windows will disable it, telling you the files are incompatible.

13-10-2001, 11:12 AM
I ran System Works for over a year and ended up uninstalling it. Slowed my system right down and didn't really tell you how to get out of a problem - the responses went along the lines of 'do this if you want but don't blame us if it all goes wrong'

14-10-2001, 09:46 AM
Can the components of SystemWorks, i.e. Antivirus, Utilities, Ghost, be installed separately or are they all integrated (i.e. If you install one, you install them all)?