PDA

View Full Version : Port Forwarding!!!!

EvNnVHZAlCSAV5
10-04-2011, 06:41 AM
Hi all,
I have a EchoLife HG521 router and its not so easy trying to foward a port for utorrent. I have a specific port set in utorrent but choosing which IP to type into the router and the port is confusing.

IPv4 IP Adress is: 192.168.1.2
IPv4 Default Gateway,
IPv4 DHCP Server &
IPv4 DNS Servers is: 192.168.1.1
IPv4 Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0

In NAT there is Port Mapping & Port Triggering tabs
Port Mapping has these boxes:
Remote Host
External start port
External end port
Internal Host
Internal Port
Mapping name

Port Triggering has these boxes:
Trigger start port
Trigger end port
Open start port
Open end port
Trigger name

Does anyone know what values to put in these boxes please?

Chilling_Silence
10-04-2011, 09:03 AM
Welcome to PressF1 :)

You want Port Mapping, not port Triggering. Port Triggering is where somebody "knocks" on a certain port, and it'll open another one. Rarely used in a home-user / small business scenario.

I'm not *too* familiar with those Huawei boxes, so can't comment specifically on how to get it up and running, and the screenshots I've seen of it aren't terribly helpful.

Hopefully though that'll at least point you in the right direction.

Cheers

Chill.

dugimodo
10-04-2011, 09:29 AM
Does this router support upnp ? if so enable it in Utorrent and the router and it will all happen "by magic"

If not you want to map the IP address of your PC, run ipconfig from the cmd prompt to find it.

If you google port forwarding you will find some general help, and I think the utorrent site has some as well.

wainuitech
10-04-2011, 09:49 AM
See if This article (http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Huawei/EchoLife-HG521/Utorrent.htm) is of any use as well as These settings as an example (http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Huawei/EchoLife-HG521/PS3_Data-Fly.htm) The External Start Port etc, I would suspect is the utorrent port number

inphinity
10-04-2011, 01:28 PM
Port Mapping has these boxes:
Remote Host
External start port
External end port
Internal Host
Internal Port
Mapping name

Nothing
Torrent port
Nothing
Torrent port
Any Name You Like

Paul.Cov
12-04-2011, 08:33 AM
On the other hand, your software based firewall may be foiling your efforts.

For my own efforts, back when I was using ZoneAlarm I have at times shut down ZA in order to allow the port forwarding in the router to work.