PDA

View Full Version : Attention OSD Main Controls Locked/Unlocked

PeterE
02-01-2011, 10:16 AM
An "Attention OSD Main Controls Locked/Unlocked" keeps appearing on the centre of my Philips 190B6 lcd monitor.

I have been unable to access or cancel this menue. I've tried updating the drivers from the original Philips cd but nothing changes.

Software: XP sp3.

Can anyone please help?

P.

SP8's
02-01-2011, 10:40 AM
May be nothing ... but have you tried pulling the power plug on the monitor ... may just need to reset itself. Also try a Google search for the error message (menu) combined with the monitor type. Don't think it's a computer or software issue.

Try here ... http://www.google.co.nz/search?source=ig&hl=en&rlz=&q=Philips+190B6+lcd+monitor++%22Attention+OSD+Main +Controls+Locked/Unlocked%22&btnG=Google+Search&aq=undefined&oq=Philips+190B6+lcd+monitor++

SP8's
02-01-2011, 11:00 AM
From the above link ...

Question My monitor shows the message: OSD MAIN CONTROLS LOCKED. What can be the cause of this message? Answer To unlock the OSD Controls press the ?MENU(OK)? button for more than 10 seconds while there is video input from PC

PeterE
02-01-2011, 11:26 AM
Hello SP8
I tried disconnecting the power to the screen, no change.

Tried an extended pressing of the 'Menu/OK' button, no change there either.

The message alternates between 'Locked' and 'Unlocked' every few seconds with each appearance.

SP8's
02-01-2011, 11:42 AM
This is from the Philips site ... may not be the exact model but this seems to be the standard "fix" for the problem ... Try going back to their FAQ's and see if there's anything else in there. Is it still under warranty ... may be a faulty switch ???

http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/dcbint/cpindex.pl?ctn=190B6CS/75&dct=FAQ&faqview=1&new_tmpl=1&refdisplay=MMFD_LCD_G_H6_QAC_10731&refnr=0010731&scy=NZ&slg=ENG

PeterE
02-01-2011, 12:06 PM
Thanks again SP8.

I am beginning to suspect a faulty switch too.

Unable to find the answer on the Philips FAQ site.

I purchased the screen 5-years ago for $661.53. so well out of date warranty.

P.

SP8's
02-01-2011, 12:30 PM
If everything else is OK with it, take it into a reputable repair shop, it probably wont cost a fortune to fix.

Someone on here might have an idea of the costs involved ... but ask around because prices do vary considerably.