PDA

View Full Version : What? say that again

The Error Guy
28-08-2010, 08:46 PM
what is this?? Levano? the makers of the think pad/brick? what now?

I can just see it. Levano 720, Gaming for business

http://www.neowin.net/news/lenovo-releasing-a-game-console

KarameaDave
29-08-2010, 01:10 AM
Levano? Bro! Lenovo!

Agent_24
29-08-2010, 02:06 AM
Lenovo didn't make the Thinkpad, IBM did. Then IBM sold their laptop division to Lenovo for some stupid reason.

I quite like my 380ED brick :D

I like the concept of the controllerless console though. Could be quite interesting if it worked.

The Error Guy
29-08-2010, 09:29 AM
Levano, Lenovo damn, it all looks the same. It will be an interesting venture though. Lenovo have no experience in the gaming market so they will either be spectacular or a failure

nofam
29-08-2010, 11:30 AM
Lenovo are the quiet achievers of the notebook world IMO - you don't hear much about them because they don't have billion dollar marketing expenditure, but I've used their gear exclusively at work for the past 6 years, and it's never missed a beat.

I guess they're kinda like an anti-Apple - function over form.

And personally, I like their design - reminds me a bit of SWMBO. . . .chunky, and something to hang on to. . . . :xmouth:

:blush:

Cato
29-08-2010, 03:46 PM
Lenovo are the quiet achievers of the notebook world IMO - you don't hear much about them because they don't have billion dollar marketing expenditure, but I've used their gear exclusively at work for the past 6 years, and it's never missed a beat.

I guess they're kinda like an anti-Apple - function over form.

And personally, I like their design - reminds me a bit of SWMBO. . . .chunky, and something to hang on to. . . . :xmouth:

:blush:

IBM, not lenovo.

Can you even get Lenovos in NZ? I don't recall ever to have seen them in any shops?

Definitely Thinkpads are some of the toughest laptops ever made.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CrpUU3cCPE

If I dropped my laptop like that it'd end in tears. :(

The Error Guy
29-08-2010, 04:34 PM
I did that to my DV5 1009ax. it must have been in survival mode.

(I left my laptop case unzipped. swung it onto my shoulder and wheeee!! lappy tried to fly!