PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Black Can DO One - But THIS Guy!!!

SurferJoe46
22-08-2010, 05:05 AM
C'mon, Mister Black - this guy can play two guitars at once.

http://video.yahoo.com/network/100063489?v=869059&l=4060491

jareemon
22-08-2010, 09:35 AM
wow, and i though playing the smb theme on ukulele was hard

R2x1
22-08-2010, 04:01 PM
Dancing the SWMBO theme is difficult, but getting it wrong is perilous ;)

Richard
22-08-2010, 04:50 PM
Has anybody watched the 6 year old North Korean girl (same site). She is an amazing talent.

SurferJoe46
22-08-2010, 06:20 PM
Yeah - I watched almost everything there.

Billy T
22-08-2010, 07:06 PM
That is most unimpressive, it is no more difficult than a piano player using both hands at once, and considerably easier than an organist with multiple keyboards, voices, and foot pedals to boot. Both hands and both feet can be playing different parts simultaneously. Even an average drummer does more that that, and the best are unbelievable.

I attended a jazz concert a few years back in the Auckland Town Hall which featured a guest drummer from the US. He did a solo piece that laid down a wall of sound so musically complex and so theatre-filling that it was hard to believe that one person could possibly produce so many integrated sounds and rhythms simultaneously.

At best 'two guitars' is simply a modestly clever novelty item.

Cheers

Billy 8-{) :2cents:

SurferJoe46
22-08-2010, 07:55 PM
That is most unimpressive, it is no more difficult than a piano player using both hands at once, and considerably easier than an organist with multiple keyboards, voices, and foot pedals to boot. Both hands and both feet can be playing different parts simultaneously. Even an average drummer does more that that, and the best are unbelievable.

I attended a jazz concert a few years back in the Auckland Town Hall which featured a guest drummer from the US. He did a solo piece that laid down a wall of sound so musically complex and so theatre-filling that it was hard to believe that one person could possibly produce so many integrated sounds and rhythms simultaneously.

At best 'two guitars' is simply a modestly clever novelty item.

Cheers

Billy 8-{) :2cents:

<crossing you off my charity Cherry KoolAid Survival Kit To Kiwis packages next time>

Billy T
26-08-2010, 01:25 PM
<crossing you off my charity Cherry KoolAid Survival Kit To Kiwis packages next time>

Thank gods for that, the very thought of Cherry Koolaid makes me nauseous.

There are many fine things in the US-of-A Joe, but they are mostly people, plus a few inanimate objects thrown in.

There's food aplenty (if you can find a buddy to spare you a dime) but the mainstream stuff people eat is gross. Home cooked is another thing altogether, I had a family Thanksgiving Dinner at a friend's home down Florida way that was to die for, and the 'beer-butt turkey' was amazing.

Deep-fried in oil in a (very large) closed container over a gas burner with a can of beer up its butt in a stainless steel frame that supported the can and the turkey in a butt-down, neck up position. IIRC it was cooked in about one hour too! All done outside in an open space with a hose handy. You wouldn't want to do it inside, it was a major fire hazard.

Cheers

Billy 8-{) :D