PDA

View Full Version : How long before the complaints start rolling in?

johcar
20-08-2010, 01:56 PM
Slingshot's new BB plan (http://www.techday.co.nz/netguide/news/slingshots-all-you-can-eat-plan-revealed/17405/1/)

Should the TAB cover the bets?

wratterus
20-08-2010, 02:06 PM
Slingshot is bad already...who knows what this will do! :lol:

Snorkbox
20-08-2010, 02:10 PM
I think that Slingshot may want more customers. Over the last three months I have been cold called by their sales department four times trying to convince me to change from my current ISP which is Xtra.

I make no apologies to the PressF1 members who were on Telecoms "Bigtime" and are going to lose same. Or to those who will not use Telecom on principle for that matter.

xyz823
20-08-2010, 02:14 PM
Ya never know, they might pull something outta the bag!! :D

Gobe1
20-08-2010, 02:30 PM
I am with slingshot and they are hard to get hold of. I havent had any trouble as my questions were answered on their website once i found that.
Reason for choosing slingshot = price

KarameaDave
20-08-2010, 02:34 PM
They are in my experience, a bunch of psychotic clowns.
Do not sign with them, if you wish to have anything approaching service.:groan:

Snorkbox
20-08-2010, 02:36 PM
I am with slingshot and they are hard to get hold of. I havent had any trouble as my questions were answered on their website once i found that.
Reason for choosing slingshot = price

I wonder how many Ex bigtime users will go to Slingshot and possibly denigrate the performance and speeds on your PC(s)?

Gobe1
20-08-2010, 02:36 PM
I wonder how many Ex bigtime users will go to Slingshot and possibly denigrate the performance and speeds on your PC(s)?

Agreed, STAY AWAY PEOPLE

Chilling_Silence
20-08-2010, 02:57 PM
I wonder how a smaller ISP are going to do a flat rate plan considering that even with economies of scale, the biggest in the country can't do it?!

:pf1mobmini:

pctek
20-08-2010, 03:07 PM
Quick - note the small print now before they change it later:

How will Slingshot prioritise traffic for users on this plan?
Traffic will be prioritised in the following order:

1. VOIP, Gaming, NZ Content, 'Regular' browsing
2. Streaming, FTP
3. Email
4. Exceptions (that is, traffic that we are unable to classify by any other service described here)
5. Peer 2 Peer, file sharing

Will users have their speeds throttled based on the amount they have downloaded?
No.

Will the users of the 'All You Can Eat' plan affect the speeds or bandwidth allocation of our customers on capped plans?
No, as it is a separate allocation of bandwidth.

xyz823
20-08-2010, 03:12 PM
I wonder how a smaller ISP are going to do a flat rate plan considering that even with economies of scale, the biggest in the country can't do it?!

:pf1mobmini:

Possibly throttle everything to 256k?

Snorkbox
20-08-2010, 03:36 PM
In the final analysis it will not matter anyway. I once left Telecom for Orcon. Then Orcon wanted to change the contract and charge more for the plan I was on. I then went back to Telecom but did not go to "Bigtime" and nor did I sign up for one of these free modem 12 or 24 month plans either.

It appears to me that these companies can move the goalposts anytime they like and there is not a lot that you can do about it if they do not fulfill their end of the bargain for any reason they feel like.

robbyp
20-08-2010, 03:47 PM
In the final analysis it will not matter anyway. I once left Telecom for Orcon. Then Orcon wanted to change the contract and charge more for the plan I was on. I then went back to Telecom but did not go to "Bigtime" and nor did I sign up for one of these free modem 12 or 24 month plans either.

It appears to me that these companies can move the goalposts anytime they like and there is not a lot that you can do about it if they do not fulfill their end of the bargain for any reason they feel like.

Telecom actually make you signup to a minimum 12 month contract, whether or not you get the 'free' modem. That is why I didn't switch to them as I didn't want a contract, nor a modem or install.

I agree with people about this new unlimited plan. You pay for what you get, and I can see a lot of people complaining in the future. Don't expect any email support, as I am still waiting for a reply to my emails to them sent over 3 years ago. There are a lot of very greedy users out there, which is why telecom couldn't sustain the plan. These greedy users are likely to be kids and teenagers downloading illegal hidef movies.
Telecom had two chances to get it right, so they have failed badly with their planning.

Snorkbox
20-08-2010, 03:58 PM
I can dump Telecom any time I want with no disconnection fees. I have no plan to do so but the fact does remain that I could if I wanted to.

Cicero
20-08-2010, 04:13 PM
I can dump Telecom any time I want with no disconnection fees. I have no plan to do so but the fact does remain that I could if I wanted to.

Oh you devil you!

Agent_24
20-08-2010, 04:52 PM
They are in my experience, a bunch of psychotic clowns.
Do not sign with them, if you wish to have anything approaching service.:groan:

:lol: Most people on the forum seem to say they are pretty bad.

Telecom are idiots too but at least I know where I am with them, so I think I'll be staying with them even after Big Time.

Better the devil you know than the one you don't

Cicero
20-08-2010, 05:05 PM
I am with Slingshot and am happy with them,price wise.

Must say don't fancy having to communicate with them.

Gobe1
20-08-2010, 05:07 PM
I am with Slingshot and am happy with them,price wise.

Must say don't fancy having to communicate with them.

My sentiments exactly, came down to budget for me

robbyp
20-08-2010, 05:33 PM
My sentiments exactly, came down to budget for me

Unfortionately sometimes you have to. When I was with them, I kept of having outages. The only way to contact them, was to phone them up, but they put you on hold for 30 minutes or more. They ignored emails, and didn't update their status page, which they said they only use for widespread issues. Then all they would do is blame telecom. Since switching to xnet, who didn't have contracts, I havn't had the smae reliability problems.