PDA

View Full Version : Cashbook Complete & GST

bk T
30-06-2010, 01:43 PM
Anyone here using Cashbook Complete?

As we all know that our National Govt will be increased the GST rate from 12.5% to 15% on 1 October, 2010. How do we make the changes to cope with this rich man's party? I've gone through the setup wizard 2 times but could not find how to make the changes. Yes, I can change the GST rate to 15% but that will affect all my transactions prior to 1 October, right?

I'm using ver 5.02f (just updated). Acclaims website says that they will be releasing a new update of Cashbook Complete as soon as they have the details from the IRD. And when I scrolled down to the bottom, says that the new version is now available for download, which I did and installed (ver 5.02f) but doesn't seem to have anything about the GST adjustment.

Sweep
30-06-2010, 01:57 PM
The new GST should be coded in and should kick in on Oct 1st.

Don't change it yourself as you have already found out.

Test it by starting a new account and change the date on your PC perhaps.

berryb
30-06-2010, 02:49 PM
The update to version F was related to a printing issue aound emailed invoices. This update has nothing to do with the GST changes. No update has been released as of yet for GST changes.

In fact all one needs to do is manually change the GST value in the Catergory section from 12.5 to 15% and the changes will take affect from that point on and not affect historical data.

At this stage best to wait for the update. This will not be ready for sometime yet.

Sweep
30-06-2010, 02:56 PM
I found out that the GST bit is not coded in yet as I just dowloaded and tested same.

mxpress
30-06-2010, 05:51 PM
Anyone here using Cashbook Complete?

As we all know that our National Govt will be increased the GST rate from 12.5% to 15% on 1 October, 2010. How do we make the changes to cope with this rich man's party? I've gone through the setup wizard 2 times but could not find how to make the changes. Yes, I can change the GST rate to 15% but that will affect all my transactions prior to 1 October, right?

I'm using ver 5.02f (just updated). Acclaims website says that they will be releasing a new update of Cashbook Complete as soon as they have the details from the IRD. And when I scrolled down to the bottom, says that the new version is now available for download, which I did and installed (ver 5.02f) but doesn't seem to have anything about the GST adjustment.

Aclaim software have already advised registered users that there will be an update issued. I would assume that "free" users would also be able to download an updated version. How this bloody Govt gets away with these extra taxes is beyond me!

gary67
30-06-2010, 07:45 PM
Because some stupid sods voted them into power

bk T
30-06-2010, 08:07 PM
Because some stupid sods voted them into power

It's people wanted CHANGE. They got sick of seeing Helen Clarke's face and silly enough to think that a new face will be better than the old. Human nature, actually.

beeswax34
01-07-2010, 12:25 AM
They will issue a software patch/upgrade before the change happens. Thats what the MYOB people told me.

DeSade
01-07-2010, 07:14 AM
Yes there is a lot more too it than simply changing a GST rate, MYOB has plans to offer a full package not just a software update for this to help businesses make this change.

berryb
01-07-2010, 09:41 AM
Yes there is a lot more too it than simply changing a GST rate, MYOB has plans to offer a full package not just a software update for this to help businesses make this change.

Thread is about Cashbook Complete and my comment related to such. MYOB is a different beast completely and will have a completely different update/upgrade process.

There may well be more involved than just changing the GST rate but from my understanding that the guts of it. That is why we are best to wait for the official release.

mikebartnz
01-07-2010, 12:27 PM
The new GST should be coded in and should kick in on Oct 1st.
I can't believe anyone would hard code something that could possibly change. I would not do it but changing GST is a bit more difficult as you don't want it affecting things previous to the change date.