PDA

View Full Version : what plumbing place?

beetle
10-06-2010, 02:06 PM
Ok now that i have done the insinkerator, i was trying to look at plumbing / bathroom slupply places here in wanga's that stock or sell topliss brand items,

do they still have this, cos the ones on line i have checked dont seem to have these words in their vocabulary......

i have a leaking shower mixer which needs to be replaced......... i want to cost it out and see if its possible for me to do it, or get a plumber to do it......

but i dont know what shop to go to, or what the part is called....... its inside the mixer bit and i guess its where the water comes in and a valce roundy thing lets the water in and mixes?

doh sounds weird.

help please?

beetle :D im having a off day, so humour is the best bet today i think....:)

pctek
10-06-2010, 04:26 PM
PMed you Beetle.

prefect
10-06-2010, 04:44 PM
Here are some agents for Topliss taps non in Metlaburg though
http://www.topliss.co.nz/pdf/TOPLISS%20BROS%20Service%20Contacts%20010110.pdf
I have not done a seal kit in a topliss only a felton mix hopefully they are somewhat the same. Felton got an extractor tool to pull the guts out of the mixer them you put in the new bits .
Take a photy of the guts or sketch which way around the seals go before you rip and tear the mixer apart.
Use something like vaseline for the seals this stops them getting damaged when they are pushed into place.

Arnie
10-06-2010, 05:07 PM
Beetle yes new sets of seals are available for all models, "made here in Nelson". If you have problems getting a set let me know, my mate works there. I would need model # if poss, and a photo.

Cheers

lilieyen10
19-07-2010, 07:43 PM
There are many plumbing stores to go on buying your needed materials n plumbing your house. You can also go online like what I always did. Because shopping online can save you time.

BobM
19-07-2010, 11:48 PM
Beetle yes new sets of seals are available for all models, "made here in Nelson". If you have problems getting a set let me know, my mate works there. I would need model # if poss, and a photo.

CheersNot all models Arnie. Tried the plumbing outlets around Blenheim only to be told ''they dont make those parts any more." So a patch up job was done. Mind you the house was built in 1968! :lol: