PDA

View Full Version : Riff Raff not allowed to emigrate to NZ

feersumendjinn
05-06-2010, 05:24 PM
I thought this was a bit harsh
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20100605/en_afp/entertainmentmusicalnzealandbritainobrien

martynz
05-06-2010, 07:45 PM
I expect prefect will be happy to sponsor him.

Twelvevolts
05-06-2010, 08:48 PM
I thought this was a bit harsh

It is plain stupid, we tell everyone he is a New Zealander and then won't let him in even though he has family here and grew up here.

martynz
05-06-2010, 09:22 PM
Here are the current rules
http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migrant/stream/live/brothersisteradultchild/
Could be its the quota/capping/waiting list.
I think the rules have got tighter than when I got residency in 2002 (one of my 2 daughters, both with NZ citizenship, was living here).
But there should be some flexibility.

Terry Porritt
05-06-2010, 09:45 PM
But of course if you have money, you can be red, black, brown green, or blue, and speak only gibberish, you will be welcomed with open arms :punk

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migrant/stream/invest/investment/

Then again these applicants have to provide police certificates certifying good character from their country of origin, but if you have the money, that is no problem :banana

prefect
06-06-2010, 12:26 AM
He isnt born here and too old to be useful so he does not make the criteria.
Dont think we need his type here imo.

R2x1
06-06-2010, 12:47 AM
We have more than sufficient riff-raff dining at Bellamy's already ;)

paulw
06-06-2010, 09:22 AM
He's most likely got the wrong color skin. He should make it brown and say he's a refugee and he will walk in or flush his passport down the toilet on the plane before it arrives...

Metla
06-06-2010, 09:57 AM
Individual cases are pointless, who cares if he can't come in?, Many people don't make the criteria, thats its purpose.

Now, about those with money, please send the next 20,000 to Wanganui,It would revitalise the town,race isn't important.

Cicero
06-06-2010, 10:42 AM
But of course if you have money, you can be red, black, brown green, or blue, and speak only gibberish, you will be welcomed with open arms :punk

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migrant/stream/invest/investment/

Then again these applicants have to provide police certificates certifying good character from their country of origin, but if you have the money, that is no problem :banana

Quite right Terry, who wants people who are successful and wealthy,send us the poor and we can all chip in via our taxes.

gary67
06-06-2010, 10:45 AM
I would prefer those who can afford to live here without draining Winz to be allowed in than all those spongers

Arnie
06-06-2010, 12:02 PM
I would prefer those who can afford to live here without draining Winz to be allowed in than all those spongers

Agree 100% Gary, we have friends who can Invest easily the required amount $1.5mil in NZ for cat. 2 but has not been in business for 3 years, he is only a fully qualified Geological Scientist currently head Scientist for a large Oil company in the Thailand Gulf. He is English, his wife of over 20years is Thai.

His only other option appears to be Cat 1 $10mil required to be lodged with the NZ Govt. which is untenable and impossible for him to obtain.

Has owned a lifstyle block here for 8 years and proposes to contract out his talents, which are right up this Govts. alley mining wise.:annoyed::annoyed:

prefect
06-06-2010, 12:30 PM
I am not happy with the money requirement ie buying your residency into NZ.
Hope they change it one day.

gary67
06-06-2010, 12:46 PM
So you prefer to allow spongers to come in and use our tax money to support their lifestyle?

Terry Porritt
06-06-2010, 01:06 PM
So you prefer to allow spongers to come in and use our tax money to support their lifestyle?

Faulty logic there Gary. "Prefering spongers to come in" is not a corollary of disliking or being unhappy with the idea of buying residency/citizenship.

martynz
06-06-2010, 01:23 PM
Agree 100% Gary, we have friends who can Invest easily the required amount $1.5mil in NZ for cat. 2 but has not been in business for 3 years, he is only a fully qualified Geological Scientist currently head Scientist for a large Oil company in the Thailand Gulf. He is English, his wife of over 20years is Thai.

His only other option appears to be Cat 1 $10mil required to be lodged with the NZ Govt. which is untenable and impossible for him to obtain.

Has owned a lifstyle block here for 8 years and proposes to contract out his talents, which are right up this Govts. alley mining wise.:annoyed::annoyed:

Anything preventing him for applying for a job here?

gary67
06-06-2010, 01:25 PM
Faulty logic there Gary. "Prefering spongers to come in" is not a corollary of disliking or being unhappy with the idea of buying residency/citizenship.

No Prefect has a very warped logic and that would probably be OK with him

Twelvevolts
06-06-2010, 01:57 PM
I've got an idea - anyone who didn't like the tax cuts leave the country so we can make more places for people that would. And I had to walk through a whole lot of protesters the other day and they can all go to the Gaza strip on the next available aid boat.

R2x1
06-06-2010, 02:21 PM
Better to close Wellington and convert the houses to kindling which could be sold off to shivering southerners, and the proceeds used to make the National cycleway a full 4 lanes for it's entire 1.723 KM length. With that sort of economic stimulus we could all live the life of Reilly.

johcar
06-06-2010, 02:33 PM
No need to "close Wellington and convert the houses to kindling". The much awaited and forecasted next big earthquake will do that at absolutely positively no cost to the rest of the country....

prefect
06-06-2010, 02:33 PM
I've got an idea - anyone who didn't like the tax cuts leave the country so we can make more places for people that would. And I had to walk through a whole lot of protesters the other day and they can all go to the Gaza strip on the next available aid boat.

Good on the protesters in Wellington, would have gone to the Auckland one if I wasnt working on a maggoty rubbish truck.

Arnie
06-06-2010, 04:05 PM
Anything preventing him for applying for a job here?

Yes he needs a permanent Visa to be able to get a job & he is getting near 60, and his Wife has a Thai passport, other than that they are completly self sufficient and carry full medical Insurance as he says "One cannot expect to arrive here and live of the taxpayers" and he does not expect to.

Twelvevolts
06-06-2010, 04:12 PM
Good on the protesters in Wellington, would have gone to the Auckland one if I wasnt working on a maggoty rubbish truck.

Well you and your mate Minto would have made a fine pair.

R2x1
06-06-2010, 05:16 PM
No, Minto has a different truck.

Cicero
06-06-2010, 08:22 PM
No, Minto has a different truck.

I would have no truck with Minto.

R2x1
06-06-2010, 09:37 PM
:D