PDA

View Full Version : Papakura To Crack Down On Boyracers.

Trev
03-06-2010, 12:34 PM
Here. (http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10649285)
:)

prefect
03-06-2010, 12:52 PM
I am not very clever but I suggest they will go to another suburb just hope its not GE.

PinoyKiw
03-06-2010, 01:00 PM
Great idea......one small problem. All it does is move the cars from one part of town to another part of town. Same problem, different part of town.

CCC in Christchurch have done the same, banned gatherings or entry/use of some country roads, no parking on selected nights etc.

All it has done though is move the hoons to new area's of CHCH and now residents and business owners in those area's are starting to complain.

Took a drive by in a unmarked patrol car some months ago around a area where hoons were gathering. Apart from the mass of hoons in the one specific area, if you looked carefully as you drove further out, parked in the dark against warehousing and behind waste bins, etc would be the look outs. Few would be parked on the road proper, most would be in the dark on private property, just sitting there, watching, ear's tuned to the scanners, watching for police cars or private security that might stray unannounced into there party zone.

Metla
03-06-2010, 01:06 PM
Great idea......one small problem. All it does is move the cars from one part of town to another part of town. Same problem, different part of town.

CCC in Christchurch have done the same, banned gatherings or entry/use of some country roads, no parking on selected nights etc.

All it has done though is move the hoons to new area's of CHCH and now residents and business owners in those area's are starting to complain.

Good, it shows its working, keep on squeezing them until its not fun any more and they find something else to do.

Nightsticks maybe required.

PinoyKiw
03-06-2010, 01:11 PM
Nightsticks maybe required.

I would personally use more than night sticks on them. The only thing these hoons understand is the loss of there wheels. It is a big joke upto that point but as soon as you call for a towie, the abuse starts, they get agro, they have lost face.

prefect
03-06-2010, 01:30 PM
Get the israli navy to sort them out.

Metla
03-06-2010, 01:31 PM
Only once they have finished with all those damn hippies.

Gobe1
03-06-2010, 02:20 PM
They have already done this in New Plymouth, quite successfully i believe, but yes there are still boy racers and girl racers around, just not on certain streets

What are they gonna do, increase the by law to every street and road???
I like the guys comment "The police have got rules to keep these kids out and the police should use the rules they have"