PDA

View Full Version : Time Out for bad kids

Paul.Cov
30-05-2010, 08:05 PM
Reference: http://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/3755124/Lock-up-your-naughty-kids-expert

I'm not a parent, so I'm the last one to make these decisions, but this article has me riled.

The PC brigade are up in arms that 'time out' in a kids bedroom is too harsh.

Frankly, I think timeout in your bedroom is a luxury, not a punishment.

Many brats these days have a bedroom strewn with toys, distractions, a TV, a computer or game console - what sort of punishment is that?

I say chuck the brooms out of the broom closet, put a stool and an encyclopedia in there, and leave them in there until they learn the value of behaving themselves.

Yeah, punish me please. Lock me in my room with all my games... you #4$%@# useless %^&* parents.

rebels181
30-05-2010, 08:15 PM
I say chuck the brooms out of the broom closet, put a stool and an encyclopedia in there, and leave them in there until they learn the value of behaving themselves..
My dad always said kids should be lock up until they are 18 years old.

Jen
30-05-2010, 08:45 PM
The PC brigade are up in arms that 'time out' in a kids bedroom is too harsh.I think the point of that article was it was recommended to physically lock your child in a room, not just shutting them in a bedroom for 'time-out'.

Nomad
30-05-2010, 08:52 PM
My dad always said kids should be lock up until they are 18 years old.

Then mine says; when they turn 18 they have to move out :lol:

Ice Road Trucker
30-05-2010, 08:59 PM
How is locking them in their bedroom going to teach them (the kids) anything.

pcuser42
30-05-2010, 09:36 PM
How is locking them in their bedroom going to teach them (the kids) anything.

Exactly:

"Go to your room" "Okay" *plays games on Xbox 360* :D

mikebartnz
30-05-2010, 10:38 PM
I see Sue Bradford still needs smacking.

Sweep
30-05-2010, 10:50 PM
I see Sue Bradford still needs smacking.

But we need activists to give a bit of a stir do we not?

Noticed her on Q + A this morning regarding Pete Bethune and she sounded sensible for a change.

:o

mikebartnz
30-05-2010, 10:57 PM
But we need activists to give a bit of a stir do we not?

Noticed her on Q + A this morning regarding Pete Bethune and she sounded sensible for a change.

:o
I missed Q & A this morning. It can be very interesting.
I hope the change becomes more permanent.:)

rob_on_guitar
30-05-2010, 11:02 PM
All we need is more people to decide whats best for us, especially those who dont do as they say, it's awesome! Woohoo! not.

Sweep
30-05-2010, 11:21 PM
All we need is more people to decide whats best for us, especially those who dont do as they say, it's awesome! Woohoo! not.

We don't need more people in Parliament but we need less apathy among the voters.

I might also point out that that we can't vote for people employed in the public service.

How many times has treasury got figures wrong? Like computers if you put garbage in then I think you will get garbage out.

rob_on_guitar
30-05-2010, 11:31 PM
Oh no we need more peeps in parliament...just because.
We cant vote for the employed. Just because.
Treasury never gets it wrong, look at our thriving trade!

I wish we had good. doh!

Sweep
31-05-2010, 12:01 AM
Oh no we need more peeps in parliament...just because.
We cant vote for the employed. Just because.
Treasury never gets it wrong, look at our thriving trade!

I wish we had good. doh!

I'm very sorry that I lack the comprehension to understand your post.

Metla
31-05-2010, 12:03 AM
He wasn't talking about imprisonment, Sue Bradford should never be asked her opinion on anything, ever, and the other "expert" they consulted took it immediately out of context.

This is nothing but the media trying to make something of nothing and should be treated as such.

Look at the interview with the centre point leader as another worthless attempt from the media seeking attention.

Why bother to print it?

Seriously, if thats the best they can do they should hand there roles over to someone who isn't a complete twat and go seek work in PakiSave.

SKT174
31-05-2010, 11:50 AM
Just tell the kids if they don't behave you will throw one of his favorite toys out and that particular toy will never be returned in this household.

Metla
31-05-2010, 12:05 PM
Just tell the kids if they don't behave you will throw one of his favorite toys out and that particular toy will never be returned in this household.

pffft.

Have you ever had a battle of wills with a child?

george12
31-05-2010, 12:45 PM
Exactly:

"Go to your room" "Okay" *plays games on Xbox 360* :D

So you turn off the circuit breaker to that room :D

PinoyKiw
31-05-2010, 12:49 PM
pffft.

YES. .......and her favourite toy has ended up in the rubbish bin.

Very effective. Got her attention very quick.

Now, the mere threat of another of her toys going in the rubbish gets instant attention.

prefect
31-05-2010, 01:20 PM
I would never get parent of the month, I lock the kids in their room and pull the fuse for the power points so they cant play computer.
Only open it when they calm down or if there is a fire.
One of them has taken to jumping out the window but on to that now lock them outside.
Never back down with kids they just take it as a weakness and come right back at you.

Metla
31-05-2010, 01:59 PM
At any given time my boy is barred from all video games, DVD's,TV, his bike, all his toys, and confined to his room.:D

SKT174
31-05-2010, 04:32 PM
pffft.

I don't have a child, but my sister uses this method and it works.

SKT174
31-05-2010, 04:37 PM
YES. .......and her favourite toy has ended up in the rubbish bin.

Very effective. Got her attention very quick.

Now, the mere threat of another of her toys going in the rubbish gets instant attention.

Yes~

Once they realize that their favorite toy will be gone, they know you're serious...

SolMiester
31-05-2010, 04:39 PM
LOL, WTF does Sue Bradford know about such matters?...this sort of sh*t pi**es me off...then we have Barnados talking about locking kids up in small cupboard etc...this is very poor media journalism, talk about sensationalism!

pcuser42
31-05-2010, 05:02 PM
So you turn off the circuit breaker to that room :D

I can still check Twitter/Facebook on my phone or netbook :D