PDA

View Full Version : Freeview Receiver

Gordna
27-05-2010, 09:28 PM
I am looking at buying a TEAC HDB6T High Definition Terrestrial Set Top Box from Dick Smith price $199.

1) Can anyone provide a review of this product in terms of ease of use, setup, bonus features?

2) Any issues / problems with it?

3) Is High definition the same as Full HD?

robbyp
27-05-2010, 10:41 PM
I am looking at buying a TEAC HDB6T High Definition Terrestrial Set Top Box from Dick Smith price $199.

1) Can anyone provide a review of this product in terms of ease of use, setup, bonus features?

2) Any issues / problems with it?

3) Is High definition the same as Full HD?

Teac isn' t the best brand from my previous experience.

Gordna
28-05-2010, 05:41 PM
Thankyou for your feedback

Gordna
12-06-2010, 09:41 AM
Update
I have got the TEAC HDB6T setup and the UHF aerial in the roof (clay tiles). Everything works well together.

no issues so far

Will probably have to get a new TV eventually as when I am recording from a channel I can not watch other channels.
:thumbs:

Cicero
12-06-2010, 11:11 AM
When I use my freeview unit,I find that h/d recorder isn't the same as when not used.

As I understand it,the unit is digiatal and the recorder is not,so not compatible.
So as I have 2 h/d recorders,I am not using freeview unit.

GoodHour
12-06-2010, 11:22 AM
Update
I have got the TEAC HDB6T setup
Install the firmware update and you can use the Teac HDB6T to record to a Fat32 formatted USB stick or drive
http://teac.co.nz/brands/teac/Service/Product-Upgrades/

Has anyone managed to playback the recordings on their computer?

Will probably have to get a new TV eventually as when I am recording from a channel I can not watch other channels.
That isn't your TV's problem. Are you talking about a VHS recorder? That shouldn't be a problem if things are set up correctly.

Unless you're already recording with the Teac :)

Gordna
18-06-2010, 12:27 AM
Update
I have got the TEAC HDB6T setup and the UHF aerial in the roof (clay tiles). Everything works well together.

no issues so far

:thumbs:

I have installed the firmware
Obtained a new 250G external drive, and then watched it sloooowly get formatted to FAT32. Decided there must be a faster way, did some searching, have some software to try, but not the time to do it yet.

(washing machine broke...:groan:)

Anyway I can see certain channels TV1,2,3 on the TV (not as clear) while recording on the HDR another channel but I think I need an additional set of cables from a splitter going from the STB to the TV to see the complete range.

Am investigating further once new washing machine obtained