PDA

View Full Version : Ascent Technlogy

Sweep
27-05-2010, 11:13 AM
At around 8:30pm on Monday I ordered a PSU from Ascent and paid via Direct Debit.

It arrived well packaged on Wednesday a little before 9:00 am.

I have to give them an A+

For the record I don't work for them.

Bozo
27-05-2010, 11:18 AM
Agreed, they are fantastic.

Though I find computerlounge.co.nz to be a bit quicker on the delivery.

Pay via creditcard/direct debit - and if you are in the north island - you get it the next day :)

Thumbs up to both companies. :thumbs:

CYaBro
27-05-2010, 11:40 AM
A couple of our suppliers are even better :D
I can order stuff from them, in Auckland, at around 10-10:30am and it arrives the same day up here in Whangarei.

tweak'e
27-05-2010, 11:41 AM
ascent are only the front end to multiable suppliers. tho its a good setup and i've had no problems with the suppliers.

Brooko
27-05-2010, 01:01 PM
I find their level of service exemplary. Ordered a wireless router and a pci wireless adaptor last week. Router arrived within a day and a half (Wgtn to Inv) :thumbs:

Adaptor was out of stock - so on backorder - supposed to arrive 3 days later. Hadn't arrived after 5 - so I contacted Ascent. Immediate reply from Sales Supervisor (ended up being a problem with supplier) - but it also identified a glitch in their backorder system - so they are looking at implementing changes to make sure it is more customer friendly for the future.

What I liked was the immediate attention to detail and the follow up. They identified the problem - and immediately went about fixing it - not just now, but for the future as well. I'm only small fry - but it seems every customer is treated like their best customer. I have never had a problem with Ascent.

Top notch :2cents:

Sweep
27-05-2010, 01:11 PM
I just put this thread up to give Ascent a thumbs up.

In no way do I suggest you change suppliers if you are happy with the one(s) you currently use.

wratterus
27-05-2010, 01:13 PM
Yep ascent are very good...one time they got a water pump to me on Saturday morning - I called on Friday afternoon about a faulty pump, it was under warranty, they had the new one here in less than 24 hours for no charge, and even included a courier bag for me to send them the faulty one.

Gobe1
27-05-2010, 02:05 PM
Agreed, been using them for 3 years on and off now and never had a reason to complain

Cicero
27-05-2010, 02:25 PM
I just put this thread up to give Ascent a thumbs up.

In no way do I suggest you change suppliers if you are happy with the one(s) you currently use.

Phew, for a minute there I thought you had made it compulsory.

robbyp
27-05-2010, 02:47 PM
Actually I find that most online retailers are pretty good when it comes to selling and sending you stuff, however not all are good with after sales service, and some will try to fob you off if you have an problem with something you buy. Ascent however also have really good after sales service.

Sweep
27-05-2010, 02:49 PM
Phew, for a minute there I thought you had made it compulsory.

Nope. Are you back in the land of the long white shroud?

dian77
27-05-2010, 09:47 PM
I agree, Ascent are amazing

PaulD
27-05-2010, 10:08 PM
I agree, Ascent are amazing

Or is it that there are so many other Etailers out there that are run as hobbies? When I built this computer I split the order between Ascent and another site that can stay anonymous. He agreed to let me collect the hardware from his address and the excellent service up until then was spoilt by the sight of all the returns and incoming stock scattered all through the house.

mikebartnz
27-05-2010, 10:10 PM
At around 8:30pm on Monday I ordered a PSU from Ascent and paid via Direct Debit.

It arrived well packaged on Wednesday a little before 9:00 am.

I have to give them an A+

For the record I don't work for them.
I deal with Arche (Auckland) and if I order before 4 in the afternoon it will arrive on my doorstep (Masterton) about 7.30 the next morning.

robbyp
27-05-2010, 10:45 PM
Or is it that there are so many other Etailers out there that are run as hobbies? When I built this computer I split the order between Ascent and another site that can stay anonymous. He agreed to let me collect the hardware from his address and the excellent service up until then was spoilt by the sight of all the returns and incoming stock scattered all through the house.

The setup cost of running a computer retailer can be very low, hence the quantity of them, the cut throat competition and tiny margins, which means people can easily run online stores from their home. The amount of returns should be relatively low for computer parts, due to the high reliability of most stuff.

Tony
27-05-2010, 11:25 PM
Apart from all the good things already said about Ascent, I think their pre-sales service is also excellent. When I was building this PC, I got a huge amount of advice and help from them in getting the spec right, and when I had ongoing problems with the mobo and memory they were right on top of it with help and advice, and a replacement mobo. On another occasion I even had an unprompted phone call from them to make sure some problems had been properly resolved.

Even though their prices are not the lowest (or the highest) they are usually my first stop when I am sourcing software or hardware.

PaulD
28-05-2010, 08:27 AM
The amount of returns should be relatively low for computer parts, due to the high reliability of most stuff.

Reliability is just part of it, there's also the people that don't want it any more or just can't get it going. Restocking fees keep returns down.

vims213
28-05-2010, 02:49 PM
Have you guys bought anything JustLaptops?

It's a small computer store in Auckland City. They also sell new products on TradeMe.

I was planning on buying a new laptop but I wasn't too sure whether to go buy it from them.

http://www.justlaptops.co.nz/

pctek
28-05-2010, 03:19 PM
I can beat that.
Down South, I'd order from Morningstar in the afternooon, and it would arrive by courier the next day before lunch.
Pretty fast!!!

Paul.Cov
30-05-2010, 06:27 AM
Ascent has never let me down. I was very impressed when I did my first computer build (luckily via Ascent), and they had someone pass an eye over the various components to ensure I wasn't falling into any stupid traps regarding matching RAM / MOBO / CPU / PSU

I suppose it helps them to minimise returns due to stupid end-user issues, but I was well impressed. Few other places would ever bother, or care to invest that degree of oversight.

They're not the cheapest, but they're impressive!

mikebartnz
30-05-2010, 02:08 PM
I have generally found that the cheapest is seldom the cheapest in the long run.

Greven
30-05-2010, 04:29 PM

Everyone keeps saying that, but once you account for freight (at least for those of us at the bottom of the country) there is bugger all difference in price between Ascent & the cheap online shops.