PDA

View Full Version : Mobile Internet

Nomad
24-05-2010, 11:24 PM
Hiya

I want some advise on the following:

I understand the USB sticks takes simcards. If a person has a mobile phone, is the USB simcard programmed with the same phone number?

I can go online with the USB and use the phone with the other right?

Can the USB stick make calls via a computer and text messages?

If I attach my mobile phone to a Netbook/Laptop and go online, my phone cannot make phone calls right?
I trust that I need to deposit money every 6/12 months to keep it active right? Prepay that is.

Been a while, I first used mobile internet with a Nokia 5110 in 1999 :cool:

Many thanks.

nate
25-05-2010, 12:17 AM
The USB stick has a separate SIM card with a separate number. It can send TXT through the connection program, not sure if you can make calls as well.

Erayd
25-05-2010, 01:27 AM
If I attach my mobile phone to a Netbook/Laptop and go online, my phone cannot make phone calls right?This depends on the model of phone, and the type of data connection. Most newer 3G networks support both data and voice at the same time, but older networks (e.g. standard GSM) do not.

I trust that I need to deposit money every 6/12 months to keep it active right? Prepay that is.That's not necessary to keep it active (I think - don't quote me on this), but any credit that isn't used within this amount of time is lost.

paulw
25-05-2010, 09:50 AM
It's a pity that data prepaid is not like voice. In that it doesn't expire at the end of the current month.

Nomad
25-05-2010, 02:18 PM
It's a pity that data prepaid is not like voice. In that it doesn't expire at the end of the current month.

There's pay as you go $1/day :p I think.

Nomad
25-05-2010, 02:29 PM
Yeah get a contract on no terms, at least you get ur worth it ...

paulw
25-05-2010, 08:04 PM
There's pay as you go $1/day :p I think.

I think it's more like $1 per day for 10Meg then $1 per meg for the rest of that day..

Nomad
25-05-2010, 08:14 PM
I think it's more like $1 per day for 10Meg then $1 per meg for the rest of that day..

Oh yes provided you meet your daily use. Not a monthly thing.

Sweep
25-05-2010, 09:45 PM
Noticed on Target tonight that a person got a Vodaphone bill for 7 Billion dollars.

Nomad
25-05-2010, 11:36 PM
Hmmm .. what happens on prepay if you have like $30, could you go over and still get internet access - then what happens if you didn't register your details :D

I read that due to delays you may not get a updated notification up to 2 or 3hr after your usage and after you sign off. Helpful eh ....