PDA

View Full Version : How do you get rid of old stuff.

Nomad
23-05-2010, 07:29 PM
How do you guys do it?

We have a old HP laser printer, toners finished, got a new printer. Parallel port.
Old games. Will keep the windows and office :D Games like NFS (1, 2, 3). Command and Conquerer, Sim City / Earth etc etc ...

Do you shred your old personal CD/DVD discs?

Have a portable color bubblejet too, parallel port. Haven't kept track, how are the portable printers these days like?

Cheers....

Speedy Gonzales
23-05-2010, 07:35 PM
I just cut cds up with scissors, and chuck them in the bin. Havent chucked the printer out yet

somebody
23-05-2010, 08:02 PM
Sell it on Trademe - it's amazing what people will buy, and how much they'll spend.

forrest44
23-05-2010, 08:04 PM
Put it on trademe...?

If you have personal data... may be burn it up or break the disks or something? I don't have a lot of CDs.

gary67
23-05-2010, 08:05 PM
Usually wait for E day to happen for hardware and such, CD's don't have personal stuff except photo's so not worried if someone got hold of them. I would be more worried if they stole the filling cabinet as the contents of that are worth far more than what's on the computers

Metla
23-05-2010, 08:26 PM
There is a stream beside my house, whatever doesn't sink floats away.

gary67
23-05-2010, 08:29 PM
I tried chucking it off the wharf but it all ended up on the beach and I got traced through my details still showing on some stuff, I am indeed thick very thick so thick I spell Fick with an F

R2x1
23-05-2010, 08:33 PM
I don't know why, but the Senior Dragon read this thread title with intense interest.

kenj
23-05-2010, 08:38 PM
How do you get rid of old stuff?

Put her on a plane to Vancouver earlier this evening! SWMBO is away visiting brother and friends from way back, in Canada/USA, for around 5 weeks.

After 42 years of wedded bliss I miss her already, after only a couple of hours apart. :wub

Ken

icow
23-05-2010, 08:45 PM
How do you guys do it?

We have a old HP laser printer, toners finished, got a new printer. Parallel port.
Old games. Will keep the windows and office :D Games like NFS (1, 2, 3). Command and Conquerer, Sim City / Earth etc etc ...

Do you shred your old personal CD/DVD discs?

Have a portable color bubblejet too, parallel port. Haven't kept track, how are the portable printers these days like?

Cheers....

I have a friend who will be VERY interested in the NFS games (he's trying to collect them all :thumbs:) If you do put them on trade me could you PM me the link?

gary67
23-05-2010, 08:45 PM
So why are you not going kenj, a trip to Vancouver should not be missed I wouldn't let my wife go without me

kenj
23-05-2010, 08:59 PM
So why are you not going kenj, a trip to Vancouver should not be missed I wouldn't let my wife go without me

Health mainly, but $$$$ follow pretty close behind as another reason. ;)

Ken

Agent_24
24-05-2010, 02:26 AM
1) Give it away on this forum
2) Sell it on Trademe
3) Give it away on Freecyle.org

Personal CDs? Get a Plextor CD writer and destroy the data. Then you can give them away to a school for art projects or something...

Between those 4 you're pretty much guaranteed to get rid of everything

Bryan
24-05-2010, 09:06 AM
kenj look after the corgi!

You should contact "friends from way back" too whilst she is away.